Join a mashup of deep energy experts and creative tech wizards who are taking the fight to climate change. Disrupt and reimagine the energy experience using modern technologies.
Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
We have built an innovative and powerful set of capabilities that allow us to integrate with our members’ utility accounts across all 50 states and seamlessly provide them access to clean energy. These disruptive capabilities allow for a whole new category of consumer products to enter the market.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to oversee our accounting and reporting processes, internal controls, external and internal audit coordination, tax, and treasury matters so that we can continue to meet the needs of our fast-scaling business. You will be a key member of the senior leadership team and own accounting policies and procedures, as well as a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies.
What you'll do:
- Continue to build, hire and develop the accounting team, in order to drive efficiency, automation and value.
- Partner with existing accounting team to plan, organize and coordinate the monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and preparation of financial statements in compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Oversee billing, invoicing, expenses, reimbursements, tax filings and payroll administration.
- Act as the in-house expert in changing GAAP guidance and other regulatory issues.
- Lead the internal audit, establish controls, and ensure compliance with local regulatory environment (e.g. SOX).
- Build and maintain a strong and collaborative relationship with our executive and operational teams, providing constructive challenge about where we can improve controls and working collaboratively to remediate and enhance control weaknesses identified.
- Maintain banking, audit firm, tax and related third-party relationships.
- Prepare and present information to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors to ensure proper oversight of the financial controls of the company.
What will help you succeed:
- You are a leader, who feels comfortable communicating with and providing guidance to the executive team.
- 10+ years of related accounting experience with at least 4+ years audit/assurance experience at a Big 4 accounting firm.
- Previous Controller or Assistant Controller experience.
- Experience at a public company, a company having transitioned from private to public or extensive Big 4 experience advising private companies on a path to IPO.
- Completing month end close in 5 days with extremely organized support is something you could do in your sleep, and you know how to develop a team to make accounting processes seamless.
- Excellent technical accounting skills with detailed understanding of current US GAAP standards and experience in exercising judgment and developing accounting positions.
- Compelling communication skills in order to present business cases across the organization, to executive leadership and the board.
- Full cycle accounting experience through analysis and presentation of financial statements to include experience with the full preparation and completion of SEC filings to include 10-Q’s and 10-K’s.
- Must be able to commute to our New York City or Washington, DC offices.
- CPA license.
- Experience managing in a SOX-compliant environment.
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.
Concentrated Solar Power, Distributed Solar Photovoltaics, Offshore Wind Turbines, Onshore Wind Turbines