Full Harvest is a high-growth, VC-backed AgTech startup solving food waste (Forbes’ Top 25 Innovative AgTech Startups). We are the first B2B marketplace connecting farms with food & beverage businesses to sell ugly and surplus produce that would have otherwise gone to waste. Are you up to the challenge of helping solve one of the world's largest problems of food waste?
Full Harvest has been recognized in major publications including Forbes’ ‘25 Most Innovative Agtech Startups,’ TechCrunch and featured on BloombergTV. This year, the company received the UnitedFresh Award for Innovation and our CEO, Christine Moseley, was named ‘#2 Most Innovative Women in Food and Drink’ by Fortune. Our advisor list includes Ann Venemen, Former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, and Julie Swan, former VP of Finance at Sysco.
The position is based out of our office in downtown San Francisco and will report directly to our Logistics Manager. The Full Harvest team is currently working remotely but we expect to be back in an office by September 2021.
What you’ll do:
- Negotiate freight rates
- Issue purchase orders to produce suppliers and logistics partners
- Work closely with the sales and supply teams throughout the entire sales process. Includes being available for urgent problem solving during off hours.
- Arrange logistics from pickup to delivery utilizing the Full Harvest Platform. This includes the collection of proof of delivery documents.
- Cross-functional collaboration with the sales, supply and finance teams regarding transaction resolution.
- Track and measure the supply and operations success metrics (KPIs)
- Monitor and document current processes and present optimization opportunities to the Head of Supply & Operations and the Product Manager
- Present potential logistics strategies for future business expansion. Includes researching potential partners, industry trends, innovation opportunities, etc.
- Associates or bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or experience in food service logistics
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and record keeping
- Tech savvy - comfortable working with and learning new tech applications
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and achieve aggressive deadlines
- Willingness to learn and search for creative solutions
- Customer service obsessed
- Passionate about the Full Harvest mission and transforming the food supply chain
Nice to Haves:
- 2+ years of experience in logistics / trucking coordination
- Knowledge of the fresh produce industry or other perishable goods
- Very operationally-minded. Strong problem solving and execution skills.
- Comfortable entering and retrieving data from multiple systems in a fast paced environment
- Good time management skills with ability to prioritize and shift focus as needed
- Strong follow-through skills, especially following up with multiple teams to get information needed to resolve pending purchase orders
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission -- solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Looking for more information about us? We recently closed our Series A with Tier 1 tech and ag firms, Spark Capital and Cultivian Sandbox. Learn more in this TechCrunch article.
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.