Does working for a fast paced, growing company that is making a difference in our environment excite you? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? Let’s make a difference together. Join our team!
The Director, Energy Storage Development will lead the origination and development of Nexamp’s energy storage projects. The person selected for this role will cultivate Nexamp’s origination and lead generation strategy for energy storage projects in target markets and provide supervision and leadership for the Energy Storage project development team. Key responsibilities include but shall not be limited to:
- Oversee Nexamp’s energy storage project development activities across target markets in the United States.
- Lead Nexamp’s energy storage project development team; hire and develop team members.
- Originate and develop energy storage projects, simultaneously managing site origination, permitting, interconnection, tax negotiation, revenue contracting, and other development activities.
- Identify and interface with utilities, C&I customers, landowners, and other prospects to evaluate and secure new project opportunities.
- Work with the greater energy storage team to incorporate new markets and business models into Nexamp’s origination strategy, and to provide value engineering of energy storage projects in support of internal finance, design, power engineering, and construction teams.
- Evaluate site-related due diligence in support of project origination and acquisition.
- Efficiently manage project schedules and budgets to ensure timely and cost-effective project completion.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders to facilitate the project permitting and approval process.
- Support internal finance, legal, technical, and construction teams to facilitate successful project financing and construction.
- Onboard and manage external consultants to support civil, permitting, and other development activities.
- Identify, manage, and resolve real estate issues, including but not limited to easements, access, and title concerns.
- Present business case and project implementation strategy to senior management to support final investment decision making.
- Travel as needed; some evening and weekend work required.
The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player.
Key qualifications as follows:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant renewable energy project development or power industry experience
- Experience growing a pipeline and developing projects from origination through project financing and construction
- Experience developing energy storage and solar projects and familiarity with energy storage technology
- Exceptional listening, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to cultivate and manage relationships, especially with external stakeholders such as customers, landowners, local officials, and permitting agencies, just to name a few.
- Able to manage personnel and teams, as well as manage internal relationships with many parts of an organization
- Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects and initiatives
- Motivated, energetic, willing to learn
- Bachelor’s degree, master degree a plus
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Flexible Paid Time Off; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement. We provide healthy snacks, coffee, in-office and online yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.