Climate Robotics seeks a mechatronics engineer with expertise in heavy equipment, autonomous vehicles or other mobile robotics systems. We are building the next generation of agricultural machinery, which allows farmers to improve their soil while sequestering atmospheric carbon. We seek candidates willing to work in the Houston, TX area. We are open to remote work initially, but seek to have the candidate local by Q3 2021. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates based in North America. We offer competitive salary, benefits and stock options. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
In this role, you will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to develop and integrate hardware systems. The position requires the ability for independent precise detail design work as well as high level system understanding. Also required are excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Prototyping proof of concepts
Ownership of mechanical and mechatronics designs
Schematic creation and layout responsibility
Bringup and debug
• 4+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in hardware development
• Experience in taking designs through manufacturing
• Experience designing mechanisms with various forms of actuation
• Experience designing and building functional prototypes of mechatronic systems incorporating compute, sensing, and actuation from selecting drivers to onboard compute platforms
• Experience working with interdisciplinary fabrication teams to build and assemble prototypes
• Familiar with simulation and modeling tools (CAD, NX, Matlab, etc.)
Education & Experience M.Eng (preferred) or B.Eng plus 4 years of hands-on experience
• Willing to travel to job sites in Central Texas as required to commission & develop new designs, as well as troubleshoot and problem solve existing designs.
•Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary