At Span, we are building products that enable the rapid adoption of renewable energy like home solar, batteries, and electric vehicles. The Span Smart Panel replaces the standard electrical panel to become the center for connected power in the home, providing revolutionary insights and home energy controls through the Span mobile app.
We’ve developed a breakthrough product for residential customers, have seen strong initial market traction, and are looking to rapidly grow revenue by expanding our Sales team. Span is seeking a Regional Sales Manager to source, sell to, and grow relationships with our electrical contractor and distributor customers. This person will be responsible for making our customers and company successful, owning a substantial portion of Span’s revenue target. As our company scales, they will be expected to swiftly take on additional responsibility as an early member of our growing Business Development team.
In this role, you will:
- Own the sales funnel for the electrical channel - from finding the right contacts and companies, all the way through the sales cycle of contract negotiation and ensuring successful order volume
- Build trusted, lasting partnerships with executives, key decision makers and influencers of electrical companies
- Build a pipeline through both inbound and outbound contact with customers - we’ve had hundreds of installers reach out to us, and this role will also entail creating new contact with small and medium businesses that can be successful partners for Span
- Onboard customers to Span, ensuring that sales and operational teams are trained and effectively activated with the product
- Represent Span at events and in discussions with partners
We are seeking an experienced and driven sales professional with:
- 3-5+ years of experience as a hunter and closer in sales roles
- Track record and examples of quickly building trust with customers of all backgrounds
- Ability to get things done in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Past experience with selling electrical products - hardware or software, quickly coming up to speed on technical details of how a product works and explaining it to external audiences
- Excellent relationship builder with experience not just closing new accounts, but activating them, cultivating quality and long-lasting relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively interact across calls, email, text, and Slack, ability to build relationships virtually and then in person
- Available to travel domestically up to 5-10 days per month (as needed, and pending COVID updates in 2021)
- Hunger to learn and grow with our company and team, getting in early as part of a rapidly growing startup
- Positive mindset and attitude, and a passion for rapidly scaling residential renewable energy
- Undergraduate degree in business, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of electrical or building products industry, hardware, software, and installation businesses
- Existing trusted relationships in the electrical contractor, new home builder and/or solar installation space
- Experience in Salesforce or other CRM/marketing automation tools
Life at Span
Span is a startup based in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco, although we’ve now onboarded over half our team remotely. We are a small, diverse team of creative thinkers and doers. We value open communication, teamwork, and a make-it-happen attitude - no job is too big or too small. We strive to make change by imagining what the future could be and building a product to complete that vision. We are looking to grow our team with talented people who are on the same mission to shape the future of energy.
Working at Span, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation at a well-funded venture-backed company
- Comprehensive benefits including a choice of medical plans: dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Generous equity grants at a quickly-growing startup
- A sunny, airy office in San Francisco (although we’re currently working remote)
- Regular team lunches, brown bag learning opportunities, board games nights, and other opportunities to connect with our awesome team - virtually and then in-person
- Flexible hours and vacation time - we simultaneously work hard and make space for the important stuff
- To be a part of a team and culture that is hard-working, has a good sense of humor, works collaboratively, and is just a little nerdy
Span embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.