Do well by doing good.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited energy website in the country. We strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online.
We are looking for passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals to join our team in making renewable energy options more accessible to consumers. Our employees love working here (99th percentile employee satisfaction on Glassdoor): we would love to meet you, too.
The Energy Advisor role
- The Energy Advisor is the primary point of contact for homeowners who are in the market for a home energy management system (solar + storage).
- EnergySage is a marketplace (think Airbnb, Expedia, etc.) that allows consumers to find and compare solar products and installers.
- You will help consumers understand their options as they move through the shopping journey -- and make a huge impact on the world while doing it.
- Energy Advisors are key voices inside the company -- often joining critical projects that lead to newly-developed consumer experiences.
- This is a high-growth role, with base salary and uncapped variable compensation potential.
You'll thrive in this position if you:
- Can explain solar/renewable energy in clear, understandable terms
- Are consumer-oriented and enjoy interacting with people
- Continuously strive to improve your approach, and thrive on learning from even the tough situations
- Build relationships quickly with consumers, and regularly follow up with them -- connecting them with the right information or installers
- Love the marketplace model, which helps consumers compare multiple options (other marketplace examples: Airbnb, Expedia, Amazon, etc.)
What we look for:
- Experience and desire to achieve sales goals
- Consumer focus -- across multiple industries
- Resilience and competitive drive -- desire to get better every day
- Enthusiasm for solar power, renewable energy, and the marketplace model
- Interest in a base salary + uncapped variable compensation structure
- Solar experience is, of course, helpful -- but not required; show us your genuine passion for what we do and your ability to quickly learn new things
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job- but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.