At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.Beyond Meat is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor. The successful candidate will be involved with all aspects of SOX compliance, perform operational audits and serve as an advisory partner to the business. Key qualifications include: public accounting/SOX experience, CPA license (or candidacy), and a "roll-up your sleeves" positive attitude. The position reports to the Director of Internal Audit.
- Serve as project management lead for the SOX compliance program.
- Assist with SOX planning and administration, coordinating work with process owners and internal/external audit teams.
- Assess the design and operating effectiveness of SOX controls, documenting results in detailed, high-quality work papers.
- Evaluate control deficiencies and guide remediation efforts as necessary.
- Aid control owners in the ongoing maintenance of SOX documentation (policies/procedures, flow charts, control matrices, etc).
- Analyze process and system changes to ensure risks are adequately addressed within the control environment.
- Perform operational audits.
- Evaluate compliance with policies and procedures, identify improvement opportunities, and work with process owners to develop solutions.
- Participate in special projects and investigations.
- Assist with management of outside resources.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent required.3+ years of public accounting experience, or mix of public accounting and internal audit experience.
- CPA or CPA candidate-required. In-depth knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and develop strong, collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Must be able to think critically, demonstrate sound professional judgment and act with integrity.
- Skilled project manager, effectively prioritizing competing tasks.
- Must be proactive and independent, taking initiative to drive projects forward.
- Detail oriented and capable of operating in a fast-paced environment, displaying a "roll-up your sleeve" positive attitude.
- Ability to travel, as needed.