We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Run a tight ship. Develop a firm grasp of our systems and own the metrics that demonstrate our performance and progress on critical initiatives.
- Own weekly map releases, ensuring that we deliver high quality, high impact releases every week across all of our markets.
- Constantly evaluate operational shortcomings that can be improved with data driven insights, better processes, or product solutions.
- Own contractor relationships with vendors to hold them accountable to efficiency and quality standards.
- Maintain the source of truth policies, feature documentation, and training programs we use to train and lead a distributed workforce.
- Identify product needs based on user needs, user feedback, or business needs and work with Product and Engineering teams to prioritize solutions.
- Run our bug and critical issue triage process, including individual prioritization and coordination with engineering and product teams for scheduling fixes.
- Build close relationships with multiple engineering teams responsible for delivering products for the different operating teams you support.
- Set expectations for project timing with partners and communicate progress towards goals.
- Strategize on short and long-term department goals, including utilization targets and resource needs.
What you must have:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in product operations, operations management, or equivalent consultant experience.
- Proficient in Excel or Google Sheets. Basic SQL knowledge is helpful.
- Experience working on large scale in-house tooling used by human operators.
- Consistent track record of managing multiple aspects of successful software launches and ongoing maintenance.
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions.
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity.
- Ability to identify and act on tool and process improvements to improve efficiency.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate efficiently across teams.
- Data analysis experience with a basic understanding of relational databases.
- Experience with GIS tools a plus but not required.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.