We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Team:
The Technical Product Operations team applies human intelligence to some of the toughest problems at Cruise. We work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product Management, and Business to create and iterate on products that move our business forward. We have a large, globally distributed workforce and are integral to Cruise’s technology development.
We are looking for a Product Operations Manager, Technical Product Operations to help us optimize sophisticated, multi-phased human labeling pipelines. We are seeking someone with experience in operations and data analytics who are eager to build their skills e areas and is comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop subject matter expertise to use proprietary tools to analyze and annotate critical information (e.g., sensor data for machine learning models, lanes in mapping, AV behavior in on-road events)
- Provide feedback on new and existing software tools
- Use and contribute to tool and workflow documentation and training guides
- Independently identify and raise issues and challenges; propose and support the implementation of solutions in collaboration with others
- Identify and document edge cases to improve policies and improve Engineering systems
- Support development and management of operational processes using KPI's to ensure timely delivery of critical data
- Be responsible for quality control processes and create feedback loops to improve the performance of offshore team members
- Understand team plans, scope, context, priorities, and goals for operational activities
- Adapt to changes in instructions, process, and team design
- Create and maintain SQL queries and dashboards that surface important insights
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed
What you must have:
- Ability to think logically through an issue and tackle problems collaboratively
- Track-record of using analytical thinking to pose data-driven questions, provide insightful analysis, and define and improve KPI's for continuous program improvement
- Comfortable with technology and able to quickly learn new software programs
- Experience in data analysis, including familiarity with Google Analytics products (Big Query, Data Studio) and popular data visualization tools (e.g., Looker, Kibana, or Tableau)
- Excellent organization and time leadership skills, with experience delivering multiple projects of varying lengths, while meeting quality standards and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to filter and distill relevant information to the right audience
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.