Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!About the Role:
Imperfect Foods is looking for a seriously talented Product Photographer to join our in-house creative team “The Greenhouse”. Because we are an online grocery retailer it is imperative that our customers can easily shop products during the shopping experience. Our product photography needs to be of outstanding quality while simultaneously optimized for fast-loading pages. As the Jr. Product Photographer for Imperfect Foods, it will be your responsibility to help photograph all grocery items in our assortment including, but not limited to, packaged goods, dairy, proteins, health & beauty aids, pet food, and produce. You assist with the organization and management of our growing product photography catalog and uploading images into our system. Expert knowledge of Photoshop for product touch-ups, color correction, and web optimization. Light food styling will be required.
- Prioritize, coordinate, and complete product photo requests
- Coordinate with merchandising and warehouse teams to coordinate and acquire items to be shot
- Maintain and shepherd product photography standards
- Organize and maintain a photography studio
- Color correct and retouch photos for a pearfect shopping experience
- Tag and optimize photos for fast-loading web-ready images
- Style shots as needed
- Support additional photography requests and asks
- Partner with team members to photograph and style lifestyle images
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of professional photography experience in either an agency or in-house environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in photography, fine arts, or related field
- Understanding of advanced photography principles and composition (lighting, exposure, depth of field)
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, CC
- Bonus for experience with Capture One Pro
- Expert Proficiency with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Dropbox
- Experience with image tagging and optimization
- Excellent attention to detail, this position will include juggling hundreds of product shots in a fast paced environment
- Food styling experience a plus
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Creative and curious, always interested in learning new things
- Flexible, since the startup environment keeps us on our toes
- Kind and friendly since we Lead with Heart at Imperfect
- Ambitious, since this role will influence our users' shopping experience
- Ability to receive and give design feedback/critiques in a group setting and present your work with rationale to key stakeholders
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time, exempt position reporting to the Head of Photography
- Position based out of our Emeryville Photo Studio
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Opportunity to work from home regularly
- Mix of sedentary work and highly active work; involves sitting long periods of time as well as regular physical activity in photo studio and occasionally on location
- Must be able to regularly lift 20lbs sandbags, c-stands and other heavy photographic equipment
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Consumer Goods, Ecosystems & Biodiversity, Food & Agriculture, Pollution & Waste Reduction