At Afresh we're building software products that combine cutting-edge AI with empathetic, user-centric design that make the fresh food supply chain radically more efficient. The results are powerful: we've demonstrated food waste reductions of over 25%+ for our customers—first steps towards our greater mission of making fresh, nutritious food more abundant and accessible to all.
As our first user researcher at Afresh, you will work with design, product, customer success, and other key stakeholders to explore and define experiences that will power the future of grocery. We are looking for someone who is excited about building out a research practice, cares deeply about affecting global change, and gets excited about tackling new challenges.
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact in the food system--we hope you'll join us!
What will you be doing?
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person discovery and usability studies for existing and future products
- Design and conduct quantitative studies, including surveys to evaluate the impact of product changes and capture insights at scale
- Benchmark the user experience and engagement within our products over time
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, marketing and CS managers, and engineers to ensure your research provides a holistic view of our users and their needs
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to advise business decisions through appropriate mediums including presentations, reports, and workshops
- Coach and provide guidance to design and product to conduct evaluative research
What skills or experience do you need?
- The following represent the skills and experience our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- 4+ years of professional experience conducting user research
- A track record of conducting successful research studies that improve the quality of existing products and inform the direction of new products
- Experience conducting evaluative benchmarking usability studies
- Experience driving programs of research that have a critical impact on design, product, and business priorities
- Experience conducting statistical analysis of survey data
- Familiarity with multi-variant testing and engagement analytics
- Familiarity with a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, SPSS, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and in SQL
Afresh is the first A.I.-powered
fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. And this is just the beginning.
We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), James McCann's (former CEO at Ahold USA, Tesco, Carrefour) Food Retail Ventures, Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.