Who we are.
Pachama is a mission-driven company looking to restore nature to help address climate change. Pachama brings the latest technology in remote sensing and AI to the world of forest carbon in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
We are backed by mission-aligned investors including Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Amazon Climate Fund, Chris Sacca, Saltwater Ventures, and Paul Graham.Recent press:Pachama is #1 most innovative AI company Jeff Bezos' Last Shareholder UpdatePachama to monitor and manage Mercado Libre forest projectsThe role.
We need a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to help increase the use of forests to remove carbon.
Your role will be joining one of our product teams (supply, demand, exchange, or verification) as a full-stack generalist depending on current need and your unique strengths. You will be responsible for the complete life-cycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support. You are a self-starter, team-player who puts team results over individual results, and hungry to venture quickly into unknown areas and code and make the system work. Your a strong technical contributor who others count on and fundamentally care about what it takes to build high quality software.
Job is remote. Onboarding requires overlap with Pacific Time Zone.
- be solving complex problems without known answers.
- be navigating ambiguity to come up with well-thought out plans and deliver working solutions.
- be joining a small, passionate, and skilled team.
- be responsible for delivering delightful experiences.
- support backend to infrastructure to frontend.
We are looking for strengths with:
- moving across backend and frontend to swiftly move code to production,
- solving problems across systems and teams,
- algorithms and data structures,
- domain-driven design, and
- event-based microservices.
We expect you to:
- learn fast and be humble.
- hack, build, prototype, throw-away, and re-build.
- own solutions end-to-end.
- take part in strategic thinking and take apart problems.
- ship high-quality software.
- communicate well and document better.
- have fun.
- Python (e.g FastAPI, Tensorflow)
- React and Redux
- Postgres / PostGIS