Pachama is a mission-driven company looking to restore nature to help address climate change. Pachama brings the latest technology in remote sensing and AI to the world of forest carbon in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
We are backed by mission-aligned investors including Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Amazon Climate Fund, Chris Sacca, Saltwater Ventures, and Paul Graham.Recent press:Pachama is #1 most innovative AI company Jeff Bezos' Last Shareholder UpdatePachama to monitor and manage Mercado Libre forest projectsThe Role
Pachama is looking for a Supply Manager to define the strategy and then execute the building of a quality supply of forest carbon credits on Pachama's platform.
The person in this role will build relationships and manage operations with our carbon project partners. They will both develop further our relationships today as well as source and create brand new relationships with new potential partners. This person will become the go-to person for existing carbon projects to work with.
Pachama's future supply manager will improve operations with the projects including daily, monthly, and annual interactions. They will represent our project partners internally and will help to shape future tools and resources being developed by Pachama. A mixture of excellent business development instincts, organizational and operational excellence, and a hunger to learn is critical for this role. Location
Job is remote, but we prefer candidates to be within three hours of the Pacific time zone.
- Grow relationships with project developers currently working with Pachama today
- Identify, nurture, and onboard new forest carbon projects
- Drive operational efficiency around transactions, data management, and tracking and reporting
- Represent projects to internal and external stakeholders
- Support product development of new service offerings geared toward landowners and project developers
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- Experience with account management or business development
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and ability to manage many types of information
- Willingness to roll one’s sleeves up and fix problems
- Passion for our mission to restore nature and solve climate change
- Conversant in Spanish or Portuguese
- Experience with forestry
- Experience with carbon protocols