StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 6,000+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we're just getting started.
As our HR Director, you will be responsible for maximizing the impact of all team members. In this role, you will develop and evolve systems for measuring impact and performance, creating new initiatives designed to improve it over time through combinations of onboarding, performance measurement, learning and development, and HR compliance. This role also has responsibility for our recruiting and onboarding processes, which are critical to maintaining a team and culture of excellent, mission-driven, and collaborative people.
This position can be based in our San Francisco, CA or Richmond, VA offices, but we’re also open to remote candidates within the US. The role reports to the VP of Finance. This position requires occasional travel to other StreetLight offices for company and team meetings, as well as possible travel for recruiting events.
- Act as strategic HR business partner to Executive team and people managers on all things HR, including but not limited to – hiring, employee relations, immigration, on-boarding, compliance, and compensation/total rewards
- Act as first point of contact for employees with regards to employee relations matters as they arise and navigating the situation to the best possible outcome for the business and employee base
- Identify and recommend opportunities for HR process improvements using available data to support such optimization
- Support the new hire onboarding process to ensure a smooth candidate transition into their new role including benefits enrollment, training plans, 90-day review milestones, and more
- Manage external benefits broker and benefits admin relationships in order to support both US and Canadian employee bases with benefits coverage, including new hire enrollments, QLEs, annual open enrollment, and annual renewal process
- Maintain and configure HRIS (we currently use Zenefits) for various employee experience processes, including performance reviews, healthcare benefits enrollments, time off, and payroll
- Research, recommend, and develop third-party employee training and development programs and courses for technical and soft-skill development of employees and teams
- Manage employee surveying in different domains (ie. employee satisfaction, benefits, total rewards, return-to-work etc.) to gather insights into status of current employee programs and what could be changed or improved
- Gather and analyze market compensation data to evaluate competitiveness of salary bands within the industries that we function
- Ensure HR operational compliance within US states and Canadian provinces where the company has employees
- Responsible for HR and Recruiting reporting for both internal and external stakeholders, such as benefits and ACA reporting for states and federal programs, EEO data reports, and more
- Responsible for ensuring the recruiting function runs efficiently and impactfully for the entire organization through management of internal and external recruiters
- Manage ATS (we use Lever) in conjunction with recruiting coordinator to advertise job openings and effectively track recruiting metrics
- Work with finance for payroll, benefits, 401(k) and financial benefits
Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years progressive experience in HR, recruiting, and/or people operations
- 3+ years of working in a fast-paced technology or start-up environment is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, business, or similar field, or equivalent practical experience in lieu of degree, is required
- Experience developing and managing diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) programs
- Experience working in HR with a California-based company and/or SHRM certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of modern HR and Recruiting software and collaboration tools (Zenefits or similar HRIS, Lever or similar ATS, Slack, Google Drive/Docs, etc.)
- Familiarity with Canadian employment practices is a plus
- Experience partnering with a team of highly technical, salaried, educated employees is preferred
- Ability to collaborate well with a dynamic, opinionated, and committed team.
- Ability to self-direct to design and execute tasks and goals with a high level of autonomy
- Experience using a data-driven approach to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for employee performance, retention, and engagement
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- A natural coach and mentor who relates well with others, listens effectively and can build rapport with a diverse workforce -- all in the spirit of helping employees at all levels move from goal to outcome in a developmental way
- Strong communicator with the ability to provide both strategic foresight and feedback
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Bicycle Infrastructure, Electric Bikes, Electric Cars, Public Transit, Walkable Cities