Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity. About the Role
As a responsible mobility operator helping people get around in tens of cities and with tens of thousands of vehicles in North America and Europe, Spin recognizes the critical importance of smart operations strategies and providing a magical experience to our riders. A core foundation of successful growth for Spin is ensuring excellent scooter operations and a consistent experience for our riders.
The Spin Pricing team is seeking an analytically-minded Manager of Revenue Optimization to lead the optimization of pricing, revenue, and growth across all of our markets. This individual will partner with Performance Marketing, Rider Engagement, Market Managers, International Operations, and Finance to come up with strategic and innovative ways to achieve our goals for 2021 and beyond. As we look to continue our rapid growth in the next 12 months, you will help to define critical rider engagement, revenue, and pricing strategies! Responsibilities
- Analysis: Conduct regular and ad-hoc analyses on revenue performance and trends in all Spin markets globally.
- Experimentation: Structure and lead A/B pricing and promotional experiments together with the Director of Pricing across markets and rider segments
- Strategic Leadership: Be a strategic partner for revenue optimization together with market General Managers, to develop strategic plans that account for local market dynamics
- Reporting: Build regular reports for senior leadership on leading metrics for revenue, pricing, and vehicle utilization
- Cross-Functional Partnership: Work closely with the Product team on developing improved pricing and revenue management tools, with the Data team to ensure robust and statistically significant conclusions to key questions, and with the Marketplace Efficiency team on supply / demand dynamics.
- 6+ years of proven success in Revenue Management, Pricing or a related field
- Excellent analytical skills, including higher-level statistical analysis
- Experience designing, running, and analyzing A/B experiments
- Effective and empathetic verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in fast-paced environments with a make-it-happen mentality while also pursuing results in a structured manner
- Curiosity to explore and always be learning!
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.