Job Title: Customer Experience Business Strategy Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria (or any of our markets)
Application Deadline: Rolling
Team: Global Strategic Marketing
Reporting To: Head of Global Customer Experience
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Customer Experience (CX) Business Strategy Manager is a key team member within the Strategic Marketing unit and will play a crucial role in supporting customer service operations across EEA. The role will be responsible for empowering decision makers with real-time and right-sized data insights and recommendations to improve customer service performance and to inform the broader customer support strategy. This role requires a keen ability to work cross-functionally with country teams and key central functions including Marketing, Sales, Consumer Finance, Product, Software & Data, Corporate Finance and others to develop and maintain strong business and technology relationships, becoming a trusted partner to all stakeholders.
The right candidate will be analytical, curious and having a passion for solving problems through a data-driven, customer-centric approach. Ideally, you would combine your analytical capability with a background in business strategy, especially with customer service, customer segmentation and customer value management. Your work will make a meaningful impact by enabling EEA to stay accountable to our results, to better manage customer support performance, and to continuously innovate as we seek to go after our consolidated active customer, revenue and repayment targets.
- Business intelligence, reporting & data visualization for Customer Service and the Customer Journey
- Management of processes, systems and standards for customer experience reporting and analytics and alignment with data sources across EEA
- Training & capacity development
- Strategic planning and budgeting related to Customer Experience
- Project related analytics and performance insights
Business Intelligence, Reporting & Data Visualization
- Own Call center and service center dashboards on performance and productivity
- Oversee reports including: monthly Customer Voices, ENGIE Customer Satisfaction report, monthly War Room content for Global leadership, quarterly “Deep Dives” on performance and other key CX topics by market, preparation of Year in Review
- Lead analytics relating to: mapping customer journey, visualization of outbound interactions
- Responsible for CX Data documentation, channel for updates / requests, and creating a community of support
Management, Training & Capacity Development
- Mentor and support emerging leaders across our markets, ensuring in particular that leaders understand and use dashboards, and excel in using data for decision-making
- Support development of Global CX Analytical team
- Create communities of practice, across customer-facing support teams (Ex. call center managers, quality assurance team leaders, service center managers)
Processes, Systems & Standards
- Work closely with the Software CX Tools team on design and roll out of new features and tools, tracking adoption, training needs and documentation
- Lead strategic alignment of CX Processes and Documentation, including standards compliance
Strategy & Planning
- Design, implement, and monitor specific projects and initiatives to improve the EEA customer experience across the Strategic Marketing function
- Support the alignment of EEA Customer Experience Performance Management Dashboard across relevant markets.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and standards for performance analysis, reporting, etc
- Coordinate CX Circles and ensure customer-driven culture across country teams as may be required
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Customer Service, last-mile service delivery or financial services in emerging markets
- 2+ years experience with data analytics and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, SQL, STATA, D3, ggplot)
- Excitement about EEA’s mission and a deep desire to make an impact on off-grid and financially underserved customers in sub-Saharan Africa
- Ability to synthesize complex information from different sources and to distinguish important information from details.
- Strong analytical decision-making capabilities are a hard requirement. The candidate must have the ability to work with large amounts of data to develop strategies and make rigorous decisions
- High level of competency with analysis and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative information
- Ability to transition between tactical and strategic projects, multi-task and manage diverse stakeholders
- Organised and able to follow through and prioritize tasks
- Experience as a collaborative, hands on team player and eagerness to learn new tools and / or roll-up sleeves to get the job done
- Willingness to spend time in rural areas and across EEA markets, getting to know the EEA customer
- Advanced skills with Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Good problem solving skills (solutions-oriented)
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Leadership and project management experience: we are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to a particular project, team, or new company and we especially value candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase
- Proficiency in other languages is highly desired. Languages of particular interest include French and Portuguese, as well as local languages from EEA markets
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!