Manager, Facility Operations
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Manager of Facility Operations [Plant Manager] to manage the operations and ongoing improvement of our first facility handling secondary sortation of recyclable materials. The role will be responsible for scaling this first facility and work closely with our executive, engineering, operations, and finance teams to achieve specific performance and financial benchmarks. This role requires a deep interest in recycling, as well as flexibility and adaptability to AMP technology development as this is AMP’s first facility.
As our Manager, Facility Operations, you will work to:
- Lead day to day operations of AMP’s first secondary sortation facility
- Collaborate closely with engineering and cross-functional teams to test new technologies to improve current and future facility equipment, design, operations and overall performance
- Build and manage a successful team to hit ambitious goals and facility operations standards
- Work with AMP safety and people management teams to maintain a culture of safety and excellence
- Help define facility personnel requirements to manage a facility that scales from 40 hours per week to 112 hours quickly
- Define a preventive maintenance program and make Opex recommendations
- Understand legacy AMP and recycling/waste facility technologies to inform recommendations to make cost-efficient facility improvements
- Coordinate with the Technology Operations team on future facility installations and assume responsibility for facility operation upon facility startup.
- Achieve ambitious facility and quality production requirements (total materials processed and hourly, facility uptime, material production quality, etc)
- Set up and execute on a near and short-term facility improvement roadmap
- Work closely with finance team to properly account and track costs at a unit and facility level
- Create, track, share facility-specific metrics which allow the company to improve facility profitability metrics
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Manage material supplier and offtake relationships and establish weekly reporting
The successful candidate will have:
- Organization: Highly organized, able to simultaneously multiple projects and aspects of project development.
- Industry: Insatiable desire to understand and improve AMP technology to improve AMP’s ability to capture value
- Mindset: Operator’s mindset for continuous improvement. Autonomous, high-motor approach to execution and achievement. Self-motivated and outspoken about what is needed to get a job done. Advanced understanding and experience with general operations philosophies, processes typical in a production environment
- Planning: Excellent planning skills to build, communicate and execute complex projects.
- People Leader: Strong facility and people management skills, ability to successfully manage complex cross-functional projects while maintaining focus on day to day responsibilities.
- Business Model-oriented: Must be able to understand AMP market and product requirements
- Excellent Communication: Strategic listener, conscious conversationalist, and persuasive of people from a wide range of roles and backgrounds; Comfortable communicating with all types of stakeholders.
- Risk Management: Aggressive approach to reducing risk and getting ahead of problems before they impact project timelines
- High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement)
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $85,000-$95,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.