Ensuring optimal coordination between GFI and its international affiliates
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of animals.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to ensure that GFI’s International operations run efficiently and effectively, and will serve as the international operational liaison to GFI U.S. functional teams. The International Operations Assistant will be responsible for:
Who We’re Looking For
- Reporting: Working with the managing directors (MDs) of GFI’s operations abroad to develop and maintain strategic plans and monthly and quarterly narrative reports.
- Funding oversight: Ensuring clear and compelling internal financial and donation reports from GFI’s operations abroad.
- Development Coordination: Coordinating with affiliate MDs and their development staff to provide the U.S. Development Team with clear, compelling, and timely responses to funder requests.
- Hiring Coordination: Coordinating affiliate hiring plans, assessments, and candidate reviews between the GFI President and international Managing Directors.
- Global Committee Meetings: Working with international team members to establish and organize all Global Committee and Executive-MD team meeting agendas in advance to ensure optimal use of time.
- Conference Planning: Representing the Executive team on the Good Food Conference planning committee.
- Retreat Planning: Supporting Associate Director of International Engagement in bi-annual staff retreat planning efforts, including coordinating with affiliate assistants to develop retreat content, and running the technology platform for virtual retreats.
- Presentation Preparation: Assisting the Associate Director of International Engagement in preparing presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Scheduling Support: Assisting the Associate Director of International Engagement in scheduling and calendar management
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The International Operations Assistant must have:
- A strong background in project management; knowledge of Asana or similar tools a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A creative, enthusiastic, and positive personality.
- The ability to acquire understanding and absorb information rapidly.
- Exceptional organization and efficiency.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- The ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; experience with Google Docs (preferred).
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
Research indicates that men tend to apply for jobs when they meet just 60% of the criteria, while women and other marginalized groups only apply if they are a 100% match. If you are passionate about GFI’s mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don’t check all the boxes, please apply. We’d appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, non-exempt
- Reports to: Stephanie von Stein, Associate Director of International Engagement
- Location: Remote; United States
- Travel: Up to two weeks per year for company retreats.
- Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- This is a U.S.-based position: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Salary: $45,000
Application Deadline: Rolling