About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun. We are looking for well-rounded software engineers with a passion for quality assurance. You will own the quality of many product features as well as the testing strategy, implementation of a manual test plan, test cases, and their executions to status communication and beyond. You will advocate for our customers and deliver value in terms of quality, usability, and functionality to our customers.We are a diverse team that’s passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
- Review visual snapshots that might be missing within a product release or through the happo component dashboard
- Create and execute test plans for product features that will be tested on production behind feature flags
- Verify visual diffs for changes during release and ensure released features are flagged as needed
- Follow up with product managers on any features/stories going out without corresponding jira tickets.
- Partner with engineering managers and team leads to diagnose test failures during a release and coordinate next-steps
- Conduct manual smoke tests on mobile and web apps during product releases
- Ensure ticket properties are tagged properly when bugs are reported by QA or customers so our engineering teams and managers can identify gaps in coverage or trends in unstable areas of the product
- Partner with the product team to schedule and facilitate exploratory testing/bug bashes in various areas of the product
- Ability to partner with product managers and engineers to develop a comprehensive test plan and test strategy based on feature’s “happy path” acceptance criteria
- Ability to test SAAS based applications in multiple platforms - desktop and mobile device
- Deep comprehension of database schema and writing SQL to retrieve data in order to support testing
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!