Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Firmware Engineer to help us make the best possible micromobility vehicles. You will be responsible for defining requirements and coding low level hardware of new vehicles. Our vehicles are very well used, you will need to figure out how to design and test these new vehicles the same way they get tested on the streets and then work with other engineers to make them bulletproof. Come up with ideas for making the vehicles better and then make them a reality!
- Be responsible for development of new features for embedded systems.
- Design, develop and verify firmware for embedded systems.
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions.
- Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation.
- Work with new technologies that are vital to product development.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing team to develop mass production processes.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and suppliers and vendors throughout whole product lifecycle.
- Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts.
- Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development.
- Work with CM’s to develop test methods, test protocols, test equipment, firmware and test fixtures to fully test PCBA and electrical sub-systems during manufacturing.
- Project planning and tracking.
- Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams.
- Minimum BS in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience of embedded software development.
- Experience in embedded software design, development and debugging.
- Experience in coding in C/C++.
- Experience with RTOS or Embedded Linux.
- Knowledge of high volume consumer electronics design and manufacturing.
- Experience in Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Project management, time management, planning and organization skills.
- Experience with working in electronics lab environments and equipment.
- Track record of products that have been successfully launched into the consumer market.
- Must be well organized and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Easily conforms to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment is crucial.
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Some travel may be required.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.