Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
- Responsible for all Operating Expense planning and reporting, including headcount planning, budget management, monthly performance review, and ad-hoc analyses
- Ensure alignment on headcount processes and approvals with the People Team and hiring managers
- Own consolidated financial reporting to be used for the executive team and Board updates
- Develop key insights and recommendations through variance analysis and commentary
- Manage and update the corporate model, and seek ways to improve forecasting methodologies and techniques
- Play a leading role in annual planning and long-range forecasting
- Partner effectively with Accounting to complete the month-end close process
- Devise and implement processes, policies, and controls to manage spend
- Refine data systems and tools to improve financial reporting
- Manage 1-2 direct reports
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in FP&A with a preference for experience at a high-growth startup with OpEx responsibility
- Experience managing and developing people
- Experience in developing detailed expense reporting and variance commentary at different levels of the organization (department and consolidated level)
- Capable of addressing analytical requests by understanding the core issue, gathering data and assumptions, performing analysis, and presenting results
- Ownership mentality and ability to independently drive projects forward
- Comfortable operating in an unstructured and fast-paced environment, and able to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Communicates effectively with business partners and executives
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in Adaptive Insights and NetSuite is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.