Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Founded in Sydney in 2017, as a side hustle, co-founders Mina and Michael went full time in 2019 and in the short period since, Zoomo has raised over $16M and built world leading utility e-bikes and a disruptive business model for their distribution and maintenance. We're a fast growing tech start up with a global footprint across the US, Australia, and the UK and are now the trusted partner of some of the world's leading companies like Uber, DoorDash, Just Eat, Gorillas, Getir and many more quick commerce, on demand players.
Zoomo is leading the charge to enable our vision of people and things moving within cities using the most efficient vehicle for their trip. Saving money, time and energy... whilst having fun. To that end we are building the world’s most convenient, affordable and safe e-bike platform, starting with a focus on last mile delivery.
We're a rocket ship start up and there's never been a better time to join us!
We are transitioning billions of urban miles from bikes, cars and trucks to smart e-bikes. eBikes are more efficient, more sustainable and now, easily accessible.
We move fast and score goals. We seek honest feedback. And we respect the individual.
Zoomo is building the largest fleet of LEV’s in the world and our aim is provide a world class post-sales service & maintenance. We need a Head of Fleet Operations to build out the UK Fleet team and Fleet operations. You will work for the GM of the UK and take full ownership of ensuring our vehicles are where our customers need them to be when they need them.
You will have the full support of a Global Fleet team but take full responsibility for building and implementing the processes and systems in the UK that will ensure Zoomo's high end fleet bikes are always available and maintained to the highest standard, whilst guaranteeing the safety of mechanics in our workshop and riders on the road. You will be responsible for developing and implementing a fleet operations strategy which is scalable and aligns with our business objectives and you will ensure that our mechanics have the capability, capacity and culture to deliver. In a world where everyone wants bikes, it's vital that all great mechanics want to work at Zoomo - in the fleet organisation you are building.
You will be responsible for setting and implementing the a UK Fleet Operations Strategy which will support a 20x growth in fleet size and covers the following areas
- Build a fleet team which can build, deliver and maintain 000's of ebikes and emopeds across the UK.
- Workforce Capacity and Capability: Make Zoomo a great place to work and put in a mechanic hiring, training and retention program which can keep up with our rapid growth.
- Labour Spend Optimisation: Maximising workshop productivity to keep labour spend at a low but sustainable level
- Supply Chain & Logistics: Build out inter and intra city logistics (from warehouse strategy to vehicle selection) to ensure bikes and parts are where they need to be when they need to be there in the most efficient way.
- Expansion: Work with the GM to identify, set-up and manage new workshops and warehouses across London and UK. Support the central hardware team in developing the product roadmap.
- Fleet reporting: Report on UK fleet metric and targets, including availability, bike downtime, parts and labour spend, fleet quality and workforce satisfaction
- HSSE: Work with the Area Manager and Global Fleet team to develop and implementation of a zero tolerance Health, Safety, Security, Environmental strategy which covers both workshops and rider safety and goes above and beyond local requirements and regulation, setting new standards for the eBike industry
- You will ensure that your team is delivering on quality - we promise our customers that we'll do what we say - and that compliance, company policies and regulation is being adhered to.
- Proven experience as fleet manger, maintenance manager, operations manager or transport managers
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Knowledge of performance evaluation metrics and principles
- Sound understanding of optimisation of maintenance operations and standards for success
- Knowledge of fleet management best practices
- Experience in setting up warehouses and workshops
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizing and leadership skills
- Commercial awareness
- Analytical mind and familiarity with data analysis principles
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Project management – know the basics of managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a structured and logical way
- Track record of “getting things done , Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high-quality decisions
- Analytical - Able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’
- Strategic thinker - Can stay one step ahead when thinking about the impact of the changes
- Adaptable fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness.
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and change methodologies
- Inquisitive - infectiously curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo
- Has fun and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
We are a startup in every sense of the word. Expect autonomy, visibility, breakneck pace, ground breaking technology, barriers to overcome, problems to pursue. Do you want to be part of a huge growth story, lead the charge and smash through barriers? Do you get your energy from seeing the direct impact of your work on customers who need our solution? If so, we want to talk to you!
At Zoomo, we offer:
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- Flexible workplace with a team of extraordinary, motivated and fun co-workers
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do, with flexible hours
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals via daily contact, weekly check-ins, in-person workshops, etc.
- Comprehensive remuneration package and benefits