Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect is searching for a dedicated Director of Distribution to join our growing team! As the Director of Distribution, you have a firm grasp on ground transportation companies-know the players in the industry; you are responsible for managing a fleet of internal drivers in the Pacific Northwest, and San Francisco Bay Area. This role will play a critical part in providing hands-on leadership for day-to-day driver operations. You will be responsible for ensuring drivers are set up for success prior to starting their route each day. As the main point of contact with our vehicle vendor, you will be responsible for ensuring vehicles are in proper operating condition in preparation for deliveries. Keeping an eye on our delivery metrics, you will have a direct impact on Imperfect's growth. If you're passionate about fighting food waste and making a meaningful impact on the grocery industry, we'd love to talk!
- Hire and oversee delivery in the region
- Accurately forecasting and optimizing driver headcount as the market grows
- Manage and provide feedback to 200-250 full-time and part-time drivers daily, with the possibility of up to 300 dependent on growth
- Conduct ongoing pieces of training to managers and delivery drivers on an as- needed basis to continually meet operational excellence
- Responsible for negotiating and maintaining relationships with vendors and contractors including but not limited to our fleet of vehicles, fuel, and insurance
- Maintain high standards of inventory integrity throughout the entire lifecycle from loadout to customer delivery experience
- Track and analyze key delivery metrics and continuously strive to meet KPI's. Being able to control per delivery cost efficiency through target setting and maintaining/achieving performance standards, while building on operational/process improvements
- Partner with Delivery Dispatcher to ensure all routes are mapped out efficiently and making sure we are optimizing our routes and vehicle usage
- Work closely with our Customer Care team to build on the customer delivery experience
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in an operations delivery manager role
- 5+ years of experience managing drivers and logistics teams with a hands-on and engaged management style
- Experience leading and scaling remote teams
- Understanding of B2C delivery marketplace
- Highly comfortable navigating the area
- You have a firm grasp on ground transportation companies-know the players in the industry
- Mastery of Google Maps to ensure an on-time delivery experience for each customer
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, fleet logistics, and adept at analyzing metrics
- You’re highly organized and strong attention to detail
- You’re able to problem-solve and think on your feet (A.K.A. a mental juggler and multi-tasker)
- You’re comfortable in the start-up, get it done environment
- You excel at independent, unsupervised work
- You’re willing to always put the customers first
- You’re passionate about our mission to fight food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Regional Director of Operations
- Based out of our local operation
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Domestic travel to new and existing local facilities required as needed
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Driving may be necessary
- Exposure to all types of weather conditions
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.