About SF MOTORS, INC. (dba SERES)
SF MOTORS, INC. (dba SERES) is committed to research and development in the field of electric drivetrains. We are passionate about creating innovative and dependable electric drivetrains that offer exceptional performance and efficiency. Our goal is to deliver the most effective and cutting-edge drive unit solutions to electric vehicle companies around the world.
As a senior level motor engineer/manager at SF MOTORS, INC. (dba SERES), you will contribute in several key aspects of electric powertrain development. You are expected to have relevant experience and hence able to develop advanced traction motor systems for EV application. The scope may include electric machine design optimization, advanced motor manufacturing process development, motor system development, as well as vehicle level system modeling and optimization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specification, design and analysis of advanced traction motors and controllers for specific vehicle performance targets.
- Perform sizing and tradeoff study of energy storage system, gear box, motor system, thermal management system and other vehicle subsystems.
- Perform motor electromagnetic and thermal design optimization.
- Perform motor control algorithm design, simulation, specification and verification.
- Perform characterization, parameter estimation, tuning and calibration of motor system on dyno.
- Develop testing plans to validate motor electromagnetic and thermal designs including performance and durability.
- Work with mechanical engineers to create motor design drawings and release to manufacturing.
- Support structural and mechanical analysis of motor systems including NVH and durability.
- Support powertrain system integration and vehicle control integration.
- Support motor manufacturing development including material sourcing, supplier engagement and process development.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- MS or PhD in EE
- Knowledgeable in electric vehicle architecture and modeling process.
- Experience in power electronics hardware and motor control algorithms.
- Hands-on programming and development experience in MATLAB/Simulink/Simscape, C/C++, Python.
- Experience with electromagnetic analysis tools such as ANSYS, JMAG, FLUX or Infolytica.
- Solid understanding of various types of electric machines, dynamic modeling, parameter estimation, and advanced control.
- Experience in the design and analysis of high power density permanent-magnet motors, switched reluctance motors and induction motors.
- Knowledgeable in state-of-the-art manufacturing methods of electric machines and relevant global supply chain.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- 3+ years of experience (academic or professional) in electric machine modeling, design, analysis and manufacturing.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF MOTORS, INC. (dba SERES) is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.