StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 6,000+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we're just getting started.
StreetLight Data is seeking a strong Data Engineer to be part of our growing Engineering team. This team member will work on processing data at scale, and productizing new analytics into the StreetLight InSight platform. This position reports to the Manager of Data Science.
- Design and implement components within the StreetLight InSight data processing pipeline (from raw input files to optimized tables used for analyses)
- Tune the StreetLight InSight processing pipeline for performance and scalability, and automate it to allow for hands-off operations
- Develop new analytics algorithms, using a deep understanding of the raw data
- Implement customized analytics for clients in collaboration with Sales
- Work with Product Management and Application teams to productize data analytics algorithms into the StreetLight InSight web application
- Contribute to data science projects as appropriate.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or an Engineering discipline from a top university
- 5+ years experience as a software or data engineer at an enterprise software/analytics company
- 5+ years experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) and SQL, including strong understanding of concepts
- Strong understanding of algorithms, and 3+ years experience in Java and/or Python
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Knowledge of geospatial data is a plus
- Knowledge of statistics and/or science is a plus
- Quick learner, and a strong team player
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.