Sales Development Representative, Raise Green, Inc. (Remote)
ABOUT RAISE GREEN
Raise Green makes it easy to invest in solar and climate. We are a licensed fintech company that allows anyone to invest in local, community resilience. Our marketplace allows project creators to raise money for their projects through investment from anyone (retail, accredited, institutional). Our inclusive finance model is designed for any project with a contractual cash flow: community solar, microgrids, electrical vehicle infrastructure, community agriculture, energy efficiency, and battery deployments — as long as social and environmental benefits are at the core of their design. We are financing a healthy, just, and sustainable future that allows anyone to access and benefit from climate resilient local infrastructure.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our Sales Development Representative (SDR) supports our Head of Sales to bring great projects to the marketplace for investment. Your primary responsibility is to help turn leads into qualified opportunities by partnering with marketing to create and execute on our sales program and inbound and outbound lead generation campaigns. The SDR will become a trusted resource and develop relationships with prospects, acting as the initial point of contact.This position requires heavy outbound phone calling, qualification, consultative selling skills and tight collaboration. Our SDR has a passion for social justice, sustainable finance, and the environment, as well as customer service.
- Promoting and marketing Raise Green through extensive and persistent cold calling, emails and communication(s) to prospective clients
- Develop opportunities for the sales team from prospecting and marketing qualified leads
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
- Research target companies and prepare executive summaries for the team
- Meet or exceed assigned quota of a minimum outreach of calls / emails per day
- Develop and execute on a strong prospecting plan of attack, including email and call scripts
- Track all relevant qualification and lead management activity using Hubspot
- Quickly learn Raise Green’s product, effectively communicate the value proposition and be able to react to objections and competitive questions, developing the content library as you go
- Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects
- Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in Hubspot
- 2-3 years of proven excellence in business development, and sales
- Experience using Hubspot
- The intellectual horsepower to become a knowledgeable guide on Raise Green in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come.
- Fearlessness in the face of rejection - willing to hop on the phone with new people every single day and explain Raise Green’s value proposition as it relates to each individual you speak with.
- An obsession with prospect happiness - set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Flexibility - things change around here. FAST. We’re a startup.
- A powerful grasp of email and written communication.
- Strong understanding of SDR and lead development best practices and procedures
- Proven ability to perform successfully given low oversight and limited process
- 100% reliable and detail-oriented. A drive to execute flawlessly.
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient.
Interested? Let us know by July 31 if you’re interested in joining us. We’re looking forward to hearing from you and we will reply. Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raise Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Buildings & Cities, Climate Risk, Ecosystems & Biodiversity, Energy, Food & Agriculture, Funding