Digital System team is responsible for designing and creating architectures for the electronic and software systems for the next generation vehicles with full autonomous driving capabilities, and develop core components (including hardware, software, tools, etc.) from the ground up. Our mission is to innovate next generation vehicle architecture and make it happen on massive production vehicles.
- Design, implement and debug low-level software platform, supporting a wide variation of requirements with high efficiency & scalability.
- Implement robust, testable, abstract & modular software components.
- Write unit tests to fully protect and validate implemented functionality.
- Perform dynamic and static test.
- Follow best software practices from functional safety & team guidelines.
- Bridge the gaps between hardware and software, provide advice to HW team to bring the best HW/SW abstraction and integration.
- Commit and deliver high quality software deliverables on time for the different vehicle programs.
- BS / MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Software Developer with 10+ years of experience working in embedded systems.
- Excellent experience in C/C++ and Python.
- Proficiency in the use of debugging tools like debuggers, logic analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
- A thorough understanding of object-oriented software design.
- Focused on testability, quality, scalability, portability, and easily maintainable software platforms
- Proven history of architecting and designing embedded platforms.
- Understanding of embedded Real Time OS on microcontrollers and microprocessors.
- Experience with embedded Linux development.
- Ability to remain focused while understanding the effects of change to multiple systems.
- Create and document design to aid validation and verification.
- Identify and implement low level system test.
- Ability to successfully and effectively work within a global team environment.
- Experience with AUTOSAR.
- Experience with different HW MCALs.
- Experience with FREERTOS & SAFERTOS.
- Experience with Linux build systems: Yocto, Buildroot.
- Experience setting up Linux kernel and device drivers.
- Experience with bootloader, SecureBoot.
- Experience with functional safety ISO-26262 standard requirements.
- Automotive networks.
- Knowledge about security in embedded systems.
This role requires a unique combination of skills, talent and experience. If you think you would make an exceptional Platform Development Lead, we'd love to hear from you. About NIO
NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China’s premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving, and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive and convenient power solutions, innovative Battery as a Service (BaaS) program, and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater flagship premium electric SUV, in China in June 2018, and its variant, the 6-seater ES8, in March 2019. NIO officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, in December 2018 and began deliveries of the ES6 in June 2019. NIO officially launched the EC6, a 5-seater premium electric coupe SUV, in December 2019 and began deliveries of the EC6 in September 2020.Equal Employment Opportunity
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.