At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!We are looking for a Supplier Quality professional to join our team. The goal of a Supplier Quality Receiving Inspector at Wisk is to ensure supply chain first pass quality and compliance is executed supporting our production and quality systems. You will be part of the Enterprise Safety & Quality team that will be building the future of Urban Air Mobility.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Supplier Quality Receiving Inspector to join our Enterprise Safety & Quality team. The goal of the receiving inspector at Wisk is to build cross functional relationships with suppliers, supply chain and production teams ensuring efficient warehouse and receiving operations. You will provide general oversight of delivered supplier products and services to ensure compliance to contractual requirements. This includes partnering with our suppliers and internal teams to ensure execution of day to day verification and inspections are complete. In support of this goal, you will be part of the Enterprise Safety & Quality team that supports the Supplier Quality organization. Your goal is to make sure that supplier products and services conform to contract requirements while striving for zero defect escapes through production. Your mission is to deliver effective supplier quality controls and oversight working cross-functionally with internal teams to prevent product escapes. This position will require you to work with the greater Supplier Quality team and promotes skill development.
- The successful candidate has previous work experience and background in aerospace, defense or space industries with hands on applicable experience in manufacturing and quality roles. This candidate is highly knowledgeable of supply chain procurement and has direct experience working with suppliers, performing routine inspection, and demonstrated sound decision making with product acceptance. Ideal candidate highly motivated to operate receiving operations and has the motivation to grow in this current role within Supplier Quality. In this role, the candidate must be experienced with understanding procurement contracts, reading and interpreting drawings, model based definition, specifications, material certifications and inspection records. Additionally, this candidate will be proactive, forward thinking and ability to problem solve with like-minded teammates.
What you will do
- As part of the Enterprise Safety & Quality organization, and deployed in an Supplier Quality team you will act as a receiving inspector for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- You will take part in Supplier Quality oversight and improving the Quality Management System.
- You will support Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams working cross functionally to execute day to day operations. You will work closely with peers to elevate and resolve problems.
- You will help support problem solving activities with organizations supporting product conformance and compliance improvements.
- You will help coordinate efficient receiving operations and product acceptance with supplier delivered products.
- You will take part working with Wisk next generation suppliers maintaining relationships and working with functional teams to ensure compliance and conformance of delivered products.
- In some areas, you will be working closely with supply chain, manufacturing and engineering teams to enhance receiving operations and supporting continuous improvement projects.
- You will plan and execute responsibilities to strengthen supply chain and receiving operations ensuring inspection activities are efficiently executed, documented and controlled.
- As a Supplier Quality Receiving Inspector, you will help define the Wisk Next Generation aircraft and the future of urban air mobility.
What you have done:
- At least 5 years of hands-on aerospace experience performing similar work responsibilities in manufacturing and quality support roles.
- Experience working with aerospace purchase contracts, requirements and general terms and conditions.
- Strong knowledge of aerospace standards, specifications, drawings, model based definition and geometric dimensional tolerancing.
- You have worked on various aerospace programs in support roles performing similar functional work responsibilities and duties.
- You have hands-on experience performing product acceptance and inspection with aerospace manufacturing processes and methods.
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of complex applicable processes and strong knowledge of common inspection tools required to perform duties.
- You have a strong and applied understanding applicable systems, processes, metrics etc.
- Bachelor degree in applicable technical field
- 5-10 years of aerospace experience with quality and manufacturing applicable roles
- General aerospace standards familiarization (AS9100, ISO9001 AS9102 etc)
- Experience performing in continuous improvement, compliance auditing, and process development
- ASQ professional certification and/or lean six sigma
- Statistical sampling plans and product acceptance methods
Who you are:
Compensation and Benefits:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $63,153 - $96,501
per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, as a condition of employment, we require that employees are fully-vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 as permitted by law. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs, practices, or observances that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.