As an Interior Systems Engineer on Zoox’s Vehicle Engineering Team, you will be responsible for the design, release, and launch of the complete interior system for Zoox vehicles. You will be part of the team that creates and executes world-class interiors in terms of form, function, and durability. Commodities of importance include hard trim, headliner systems, carpets, insulators, pillar trims, seats, and luggage compartment trim, and the integration of these commodities into the vehicle. You will utilize your expertise in one or more of these commodities and develop as a full vehicle engineer – designing and delivering systems rather than just components as you work with a lean and agile team.
- You will design automotive component parts in CATIA V6.
- You will develop and execute interior system requirements.
- You will participate in the iterative process with the Zoox design/styling studio to deliver the optimal balance of form vs. function vs. cost.
- You will implement processes and material selections to achieve world-class durability, reliability, and fit & finish of automotive interiors.
- You will complete and release interior components, sub-systems, and detail designs, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required (in-house designs are planned for most major commodities).
- You will interpret CAE simulation results and integrate recommendations into product design.
- You will collaborate with key interior system and plastic component suppliers and support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams within Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Procurement groups to ensure interior system manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability.
- You will perform technical documentation, including documentation of DFMEAs and DVP&Rs.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Other disciplines considered with experience) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in automotive interior trim component and subsystem engineering (OEM or Tier I level), demonstrating technical aptitude from concept through release and launch for production and 3D modeling proficiency in CATIA V5 or the equivalent in experience
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with a high number of unknowns
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering
- Experience with technical documentation in at least 1 full lifecycle vehicle programs to include DVP&R and DFMEA
- Experience managing technical suppliers
- Demonstrated an ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing constraints
- There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $104,000 to $172,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
- Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.