Sustaine, a company bringing renewable energy to Small-Medium Businesses (SMB’s) including in disadvantaged communities, is hiring a Business Development Representative / Account Manager for the NY / New England region. Help SMBs be more sustainable AND reduce their energy bills. The energy transition is creating tremendous career opportunities! Sustaine is a dynamic and growing company in sustainable energy. We will train you in energy and welcome you to Sustaine as an Account Manager.
- Do you like to sell?
- Do you make friends easily?
- Do you enjoy following a process?
- Can you put new concepts to work quickly?
Businesses have many choices in energy today. In fact, the options are dizzying. Sustaine helps SMBs understand their options and make the best choice. Our powerful, proprietary software platform leads customers to their best solution. Then we deliver it to them through our network of qualified providers. As a Business Development Representative / Account Manager, you will help small-medium businesses acheive a lower energy bill, smaller carbon footprint and safer environment.
Responsibilities and opportunities:
- Work the NY or New England region; particularly MA, ME and/or Hudson Valley in NY.
- Receive training in energy and Sustaine’s best practices for outreach.
- Work contact lists focused on the best geographies and industries.
- Call / meet new prospects and introduce Sustaine credibly.
- Collaborate with an experienced internal team to optimize and explain energy options to small-medium businesses.
- Build and maintain relationships with small-medium businesses to deliver multiple solutions over time via consultative selling and a high level of service.
- Understand, present and obtain signatures on multi-page sales contracts.
- Employ a well-developed process including lead gen, outbound engagement by phone and in person, building rapport, obtaining client data, presenting platform outputs, overcoming objections, closing, and customer service / follow-up.
- With your manager, set and attain monthly, quarterly and annual sales goal/plan.
- Required: Live in New York or New England.
- This full-time position is open to junior salespeople with less than 2 years experience, preferably NOT in energy
- Self-starter, disciplined, able to perform well when working remotely
- Good organization skills and process-oriented
- Strong communication and relationship-building/management skills
- Comfort with numbers and quantitative concepts
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Pluses: small business network or experience; call-center experience but ready for more
- Salary and benefits:
- $75,000 to $125,000 / year
- Base $50k+, substantial commissions
- Solid medical benefits and paid time off
How to Apply:
- If you value building and managing relationships, you can have a great career in energy with Sustaine!
- Write a cover email / letter of interest.
- Send it and your resume to email@example.com.