Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We’re looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to play an integral role in the process improvement and manufacturing equipment team. This team is responsible for scaling up novel processes used for manufacturing electrodes to be deployed in Form Energy’s commercial product. As the manufacturing engineer, you will partner with the cathode cell development and battery design teams to help establish the first full scale electrode process with focus on safety and performance.
As we design, build, and ramp up equipment operations, expect to become deeply entrenched in the intersection space of equipment design, process engineering, and materials engineering, as the team works toward a common goal of manufacturing high performance electrodes, in high volume. This is an exciting opportunity to develop novel processing technology while doing your part to help combat climate change!
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Improve processes which are safely capable of producing full scale battery electrodes
- Explore the Process-Structure-Property relationships of the various unit operations that are needed to make full scale electrodes
- Document and improve the process steps required to deliver electrodes capable of use in battery assembly and testing
- Train technicians, process engineers, and scientist on new manufacturing equipment and processes
- Work with a diversity of teams inside and outside the company to achieve overall manufacturing success
- Be a champion for safety in the development of new equipment and processes
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing or pilot line environment
- Experience using statistical methods for making process development decisions
- Experience in the operation of coating, drying, and material handling equipment
- Experience designing safe processes involving hazardous locations
- Strong interdisciplinary communicator across a range of engineering and business functions
- Demonstrated track record of innovative development and engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.