Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We’re looking for a Staff Continuous Improvement Engineer to play an integral role in a new manufacturing equipment team. This team is responsible for scaling up novel processes used for manufacturing electrodes to be deployed in Form Energy’s commercial product.
You will develop and deploy the Continuous Improvement Program for sustaining engineering and will foster a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence. You will serve as the leader and mentor for continuous improvement activities as the team works to scale up operations and increase productivity. Do you want to see the improvement of equipment that will make a direct impact on climate change?
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Partner with the a cross functional team to help optimize the first full scale renewable energy storage production with focus on safety and performance
- Establish processes which are safely capable of producing full scale batteries
- Design and implement the framework for continuous improvement program
- Identify and deliver improvement activity by utilizing process improvement methodologies
- Reduce production bottlenecks
- Drive and embody a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Support efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within processes and identifying agile processes
- Mentor engineers in six sigma methodologies
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement or Operational Excellence
- Ability to collaborate with teams to identify opportunities, engage participation, and execute upon opportunities towards a desired outcome
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills including statistics
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in technology manufacturing and scaling processes
- Proficient with six sigma methodologies and comfortable with visual management, process mapping, process improvement activities, reducing setup time and error proofing
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.