The Path Forward Return-to-Work program at Zoox is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce. The program is open to individuals who have at least five years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving of any kind.
If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Zoox is excited to welcome returners because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, gain new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a non-profit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving to transition back to the paid workforce.
The Product Security Software Operations team responsibilities stretch from offensive security laser-focused on production systems, infrastructure, and processes to software vulnerability assessment and management across a diverse and extensive codebase that targets both embedded and cloud environments.
We are looking for individuals with a strong software engineering background, and demonstrated passion and skills in computer security. Whether your strength is in reviewing code and finding critical exploitable flaws, pentesting networked services and writing PoC mitigations, or building custom tools to scan and analyze security controls in cloud infrastructure, we would like to hear from you!
- Pentest subsystems, report findings, and follow through on mitigations
- Contribute mitigation PoC code to enable or accelerate resolution
- Define and hands-on evaluate adversarial scenarios for feasibility and impact
- Make and execute plans of attack
- Systematically build and explore attack trees for a complex cyber-physical system and associated operational environment (vehicle fleet, cloud and enterprise infrastructure)
- Drive, execute, and steer Red Teaming activities within the company and with external parties
- Analyze in-house code, external dependencies, and known vulnerabilities; build PoC exploit code and follow through on remediation
- Evaluate, adopt, and build tools to accelerate and automate any of the above tasks in the context of existing data pipelines
- Build new data ingest and processing workflows where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field
- Demonstrated programming skills in at least one compiled and one interpreted language
- Demonstrated skills in offensive cybersecurity, focusing on vulnerabilities in networks, services, and development/build/release infrastructure
- Experience in pentesting complex cyber-physical products and processes
- Understanding of inherent vulnerabilities in cloud services and controls, datacenter-hosted services, custom hardware and embedded software, SDLC (cybersecurity in coding practices and CI/CD), cellular networks, sensors (such as Lidar, Radar, Cameras)
- Track record in finding high-profile, published vulnerabilities as evidenced by CVE and other sources
- Demonstrated excellence in offensive cybersecurity e.g. via performance in competitions or published independent research
- Relevant cybersecurity certifications or degrees, particularly ones that have a focus on hands-on, technical work: such as OSCP (textbook-based IT security certifications are of no applicability)
CompensationThe salary range for this position is $163,000 to $234,000. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Additional benefits may be offered.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.