POSITION: DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Department: Product Management
Location: Longmont, CO
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Prometheus Materials delivers sustainable building materials that accelerate the world’s transition to a carbon-negative future. Inspired by nature, the company has developed a process that combines naturally-occurring microalgae with sunlight, water, and ambient CO2 to create a bio-cement. When mixed with aggregate, this bio-cement forms a bio-concrete building material that offers the construction industry a strong, ultra-low carbon alternative to carbon-intensive concrete products.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Coordinate the product strategy and business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company
- Analyze customer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships
- Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Analyze product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they’re successful achieved
- Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate go-to-market plans
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch
- Analyze existing product offerings of companies within the concrete and sustainable building materials markets. Analyses to include product specifications, pricing, differentiation, and market size
- Work with the technical team to determine potential new product fit and requirements/impact on existing and future manufacturing capabilities.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
- Analyze market data to develop sales strategies, and define product objectives
- Collaborate closely with engineering, production, marketing, and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organization
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates [Company X] and its features across primary market segments
- Bachelor’s degree in product design or engineering
- Experience with prefabricated concrete products
- Experience in a dynamic product management role
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Highly effective cross-functional team management
- Previous experience delivering finely-tuned product marketing strategies
- Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Prometheus Materials embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
* Compensation based on experience. Medical, dental, vision insurance, 401k and other benefits are available.