The way we heat/cool our homes, power our vehicles, and cook our meals is antiquated: we take for granted that we use fossil fuels in homes to keep them comfortable and healthy. There is a better way.
Elephant Energy is a venture-funded business, building a next generation home comfort & electrification platform that helps homeowners get clean, safe, and affordable technologies for their homes and vehicles. We are growing quickly, supported by the ever increasing demand from customers for more comfortable homes. This is an exciting opportunity to join at the ground floor and shape how we deploy home comfort and home electrification.
We’re looking for an experienced, hungry Product Marketer to be our 1st Marketing hire and lead the creation of Product Marketing at Elephant. This hire will report to the Founders and will be the connective tissue between Sales & Product.
We need a passionate storyteller. A highly motivated individual and confident communicator who thrives in a fast-paced environment and strives to always work smarter. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable initially as a Full Stack Marketer with a wide range of go to market, marketing, project management, branding, content and campaign experience, and experience developing and managing performance marketing campaigns. This person is always seeking to maximize and improve upon their skills, stay current with cutting edge technology, and contribute to the company’s growth and ongoing success.
This person should be willing and eager to wear many hats – beyond just core Product Marketing. Someone who is passionate and excited about the opportunity to help build out and lead a Marketing team. If you are successful here, your fingerprints will be all over the amazing growth of our business and culture.
You’ll succeed at Elephant Energy if you’re energetic, organized, and hard working. You have a passion for building and making things better. You will need to be accountable for the success of internal and external projects. While you’ll need to embrace team work, you must also thrive as a self-starter motivated to solve challenging problems to ensure a successful customer journey.
As Product Marketing Lead you will:
- Own our marketing function. Identify and execute on the best channels for generating leads via a scrappy cycle of experimentation and execution.
- Act as the internal champion of our customers. This will require developing and maintaining a crystal clear understanding of our customers—where they are, how to reach them, how our offering solves their pain points, and how we can improve this—as well as creating the personas, messaging, and other marketing assets so that everyone in the company can better understand, reach, and support them.
- Other key functions: build a customer feedback loop into product development and messaging, work closely with the Product team on Go to Market strategy, sales enablement content, and competitive analysis.
- Leverage data and insights to continuously iterate on positioning and messaging.
- Stretch: Build the Elephant brand via inbound marketing + SEO optimization by being a self-starter and/or overseeing external consultants (e.g., SEO + SEM, bloggers, etc).
About You (General Requirements):
- 4-8 years experience in product and performance marketing.
- You have a strong product and growth toolkit including voice of the customer research and performance marketing.
- You’re scrappy – preferring to experiment with low budgets to demonstrate success and then throw fuel on the fire.
- You have experience in building and managing a team, but aren’t afraid to roll your sleeves up in the short term to get it done.
- You’re a builder, a go-getter, a genuine self-starter; you get stuff done and promptly.
- You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations (and meets them).
- You can deal with and manage significant levels of ambiguity, appropriate to our startup realities.
- You’re passionate about changing the world via home comfort and clean, energy-efficient technology.
- You have a commitment to building a diverse, equitable workplace and seek to make our company more inclusive.
Nice to Have (Pluses):
- Working knowledge of or interest in building science, electrification, construction, or the trades.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment and is passionate about impacting sustainable change in the future of energy.
- Ground floor opportunity with high growth potential
- Generous benefits package including Health Care and 401K
- Stock / Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO) / Open vacation policy
- Remote work
- Start Up environment
- People driven culture
- Pay commensurate with experience; Salary range $100k -150k
- Stock / Equity options
To apply: Send resume and an email describing your interest in working together to firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject: Product Marketing & Growth Lead