Utility Data Made Easy UtilityAPI is a utility data service for the new energy economy. Hundreds of energy vendors use us every ...View Company Profile
You will be writing application code and helping maintain/optimize/scale the Python stack. You will write scripts that collect data from utilities, and these scripts can break unexpectedly when utilities change their interfaces, so being able to update them quickly is important. Our codebase (Python, Django, Celery) is well organized, documented, and tested. You are welcome to work remotely in the United States or in our office in downtown Oakland.
REMOTE WORK: OK (U.S. Only)
* Salary $65-85k, depending on experience and location
* Stock options
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or non-expiring Visa not requiring sponsorship
* At least 1 year of Python work experience, and in-depth knowledge of Python Language
* HTTP (an understanding of methods, cookies, headers, etc.)
* Regular Expressions (you need to have a pretty solid understanding of these)
* CSS Selectors (you need to be comfortable using them)
* Git, SSH, GPG (basic understanding)
* Experience with web scraping tools such as Selenium, Scrapy, Mechanize, etc.
==How To Apply==
* Fill out this Google Form, and we'll let you know!
Estimated time to complete: 5-10 minutes.
1. It is OKAY if you don't have much experience with a couple of these questions! Just say "No experience."
2. It is OKAY if your answers are short (1-3 sentences) or just lists! Don't spend more than 10 minutes on this!