Remora is hiring a Purchasing Analyst who will manage procurement of standard and indirect items to support manufacturing and R&D. The Purchasing Analyst will research and identify, and evaluate vendors and products to ensure the products are high quality and best value, all while helping to tackle the defining challenge of our time.
We’re a 50-person climate tech startup based in Detroit, MI. We build a device that directly captures a semi-truck’s carbon emissions from the tailpipe. We sell the CO2 to end-users and split that revenue with our customers, so our device pays for itself in just a couple years.
We’re piloting our technology with some of the largest companies in the world, including three of the Fortune 10, and we’ve raised multiple rounds of funding from leading investors like Lowercarbon Capital, Union Square Ventures, and First Round Capital.
- Manage purchase order process for standard direct and indirect material - place order, confirm vendor acceptance, ensure on-time delivery, and timely receipt
- Manage quotation process for standard direct and indirect material to ensure the best value is achieved
- Manage supplier delivery for standard direct and indirect material
- Negotiate and establish stocking agreements as required
- Expedite and problem-solve for shortages
- Collect and record critical data on purchased goods (LT, Price, MOQ, Vendor, dimensions)
- Manage Vendor Master Data (standard parts)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration OR 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with purchasing to support manufacturing operations and strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Here's What We Value
- You want to join a fast-paced, fast-growing startup.
- You care deeply about reducing carbon emissions and building power for the historically excluded communities that those emissions will most affect.
- You fully own projects, and you identify and solve problems through completion.
- You adapt to change and appreciate failures as learning opportunities, constructively sharing them with your teammates.
- You improve your teammates’ performance through collaboration. You consistently pursue personal and professional growth for yourself and your teammates.
- You voice respectful disagreement and provide high-quality constructive feedback. You’re an effective and active listener and a clear and concise communicator.
- Location: Wixom, MI
- Start date: Immediate
- COVID-19: Remora requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants are required to submit proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment. Appropriate COVID-19 safety precautions are implemented in the workplace.
Compensation and Benefits
Climate change disproportionately impacts communities of color, so we’re looking for candidates deeply committed to reducing emissions and to racial justice. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, person of color, female, non-binary, trans, gender non-conforming, or any other identity underrepresented in startups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Salary: Salary Level 1
- Equity: Salary Level 1 Business
- Healthcare: (Aetna)
- Retirement (401k)
- Student loan assistance
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Dependent care assistance (childcare or eldercare)
- Parental leave
- Unlimited sick and compassionate leave
- Employee development and coaching
- Relocation stipend