One Tree Planted is looking to hire a dynamic and versatile Global Events Manager to join our fast-paced Events team. The Event Manager’s primary responsibilities will be to lead the Community Forestry team of event coordinators responsible for delivering corporate and community volunteering events, to act as a primary point of contact and support for our Business Partners, and to oversee the execution of our three month-long community event initiatives with our planting partners.
One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity, and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
The ideal start date for this position is March 6th 2023.
A versatile position at a nonprofit that wants to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Together we can restore forests, create habitat for biodiversity, and make a positive social impact around the world.
- Reports to our Director of Special Events
Roles reporting to this position: Eastern USA Event Coordinator, Western USA Event Coordinator, Canada Event Coordinator, LATAM Event Coordinator, EMEA Event Coordinator, and Event Relationship Coordinator
Coordinator Management (50%)
- Lead and manage a global team of event coordinators, who specialize in coordinating employee engagement and community events in their geographic regions
- Oversee their workloads, manage capacity, and provide support when needed
- Conduct weekly check-in calls with coordinators
- Participate in business or planting partners calls alongside coordinators as needed
- Lead the hiring and training process of new coordinators
Planting Program Support (20%)
- Supervise the delivery of all planting programs (5+ employee engagement events)
- Work closely with the Event Relationship Coordinator to move event planning forward
- Develop a strong understanding of One Tree Planted’s employee engagement event opportunities, from tree planting to restoration work, in order to confidently share these event details with business partners
- Keep track of all moving pieces of a program with the relevant coordinators and Event Relationship Coordinator, including overseeing agreements and payments
Community Initiatives Management (30%)
- Oversee the planning and execution of three month-long global community event initiatives (Earth Month in April, World Environment Day in June, Plant a Tree Day in October)
- Formulate proposal forms to distribute to planting partners
- Facilitate review sessions with coordinators to select and confirm global events
- Oversee the execution of agreements, payments, merchandising orders, etc.
- Work closely with Marketing & Communications to ensure events are promoted on website and in social media
- Formulate report forms and ensure they are returned in a timely manner post-event
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Customer Service, Event Management, or a related field
- 3+ years experience in event management, with proven experience in delivering a portfolio of high-quality community or corporate volunteering events; experience in delivering environmental stewardship activities, a plus
Comfortable working with team members located across different time zones and geographic regions (NA, LATAM, EMEA, APAC); willingness to work flexible hours to collaborate with colleagues in different time zones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with other languages a plus
- Nimble and adaptive in a fast-paced work environment, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team while balancing multiple tasks at once to a high standard
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Proficient with Google Suite, and knowledgeable of platforms such as Salesforce, Airtable, ClickUp, Zoom, and Canva is a plus
This is a remote-based position and applications will be considered from all geographic areas in North America
- International experience is a strong asset to understand the context of different cities and geographies
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
COMPENSATION: typical starting range is $60,000-$65,000 USD which will be based on skills and experience. Annual performance increase may be available but not guaranteed.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive PTO Plan
- Health and Wellness plans for U.S. Staff
- Yearly bonus
- Retirement plans with competitive employer contribution
- Travel opportunities, international and domestic
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization.
- Your resume.
One Tree Planted is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.