About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops and deploys sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to utility-scale energy storage in realizing decarbonization while maintaining grid resiliency. The company's proprietary gravity-based energy storage technology, battery storage technology, and energy storage management and integration platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. For additional information, please visit: www.energyvault.com
: Senior Manager, Project Construction EstimationLocation
: Westlake Village, CA, Vienna, VA or REMOTE (North America) About the roleWe seek an experienced
Senior Manager, Project Construction Estimation to support cost estimation for building Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) projects globally. You will be part of application engineering team and work directly with application engineers and commercial team. These projects are based on our technology agnostic energy storage systems to provide dynamic solutions to our clients, including utilities, governments, and industrial companies. As we rapidly grow and deliver on more contracts worldwide, you will be responsible for Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) proposal processes globally and play a key role in the global EPC cost framework.
What you will do
- Listen to and address the needs of customers by designing a technology agnostic solution which meets and exceeds customer requirements
- Create RFPs or RFQs and work with procurement to identify suitable partner(s)
- Work across teams to pull information and resources as necessary to design and differentiate customer centric solutions
- Run techno-economic analysis to drive optimum design and solution
- Develop the necessary tools and processes to drive continuous improvement in Energy Vault’s customer proposals and offerings
- Be able to interpret & create if necessary SLDs and site layouts that accurately represents the proposed solutions
- Work with team lead to be able to identify strategic partnerships
What a qualified candidate should possess
- Up to 2 years of engineering experience with Energy Storage Systems (ESS) and 2+ years with Renewable Generation technologies
- 5+ Year of construction experience with Renewable Energy Systems
- BS in engineering (electrical, mechanical, or similar) strongly preferred, but not required
- Existing relationship with North American based EPC companies
- Experience in negotiating EPC contracts with subcontracts
- Experience with Renewable Energy Project management is a plus
- Experience with electrical power systems designed for power generation, distribution, and storage
- Experience managing all aspects of technical solution proposal including site evaluation and analysis, technology selection and optimization, detailed costing and estimating and EPC contract negotiations
- Basic knowledge of NEC, IBC, IEC and IEEE requirements in renewable and energy storage industry
- Experience in electrical design including basic conductor sizing, protection and controls configuration and familiarity with Substation design and engineering concepts
- Good knowledge and understanding of inverter-based power systems including basic design principles and limitations
- Good understanding of electricity markets and products and use cases realized by Energy Storage systems.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
- Comfortable in fast-paced, rapid growth environments
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.