About Energy Vault
Energy Vault® develops and deploys utility-scale energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to sustainable energy storage. The Company's comprehensive offerings include proprietary gravity-based storage, battery storage, and green hydrogen energy storage technologies. Each storage solution is supported by the Company’s hardware technology-agnostic energy management system software and integration platform. Unique to the industry, Energy Vault’s innovative technology portfolio delivers customized short-and-long-duration energy storage solutions to help utilities, independent power producers, and large industrial energy users significantly reduce levelized energy costs while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial reuse, Energy Vault’s EVx™ gravity-based energy storage technology is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the global clean energy transition for its customers. Please visit www.energyvault.com
for more information.
Our purpose: We exist to enable a sustainably energized world.
Our vision: We envision a future where nature and humankind coexist in harmony.
Our mission: We provide energy solutions to accelerate the global transition to renewable energy.
Our values: We Commit, Innovate, Connect, Deliver, and Lead.
Position Title: Software Engineer (Senior or Principal)
Reports To: Director, Software Engineering
Location: Tysons Corner, VA with work-from-home flexibility or REMOTE USA
About the role
Energy Vault is looking for a talented Software Engineer to help craft our software for intelligent energy applications. You will work with a talented software team to design, develop, and deploy software bringing advanced software automation to the power grid. You will have the opportunity to work with emerging technologies and put solutions into production on real-world projects. You will be joining an early-stage software team to help transform utility-scale power generation and storage.
What you will do
- Design and develop software for controlling and automating energy systems with opportunities to work on hardware control software as well as cloud applications
- Create novel software solutions to solve unique technical challenges
- Develop a hardware agnostic software architecture and tailor our solutions to solve our customers' emerging projects
What a qualified candidate should possess
- A solid foundation in software engineering, computer science, and software development best practices
- 3+ years of experience (5+ or more preferred) developing and deploying software in cloud-based architectures (AWS Preferred) in an agile team environment
- BS or MS in engineering (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related)
- Experience in developing Java based software products in data intensive applications involving concurrency and networking
- Experience with CI/CD development automation pipelines and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience developing and configuring both high-performance nonrelational databases (such as InfluxDB, Elastic Search) and relational databases (such as Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Deep understanding of software architectures and networking
- Experience with development in Linux and a solid foundation in Linux fundamentals
- Experience with automation and scripting in Python is preferred
- Experience with software peer reviews and comfortable providing and receiving review feedback
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Independent and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in renewable energy, industrial IoT, or the energy industry is preferred
Energy Vault compensation and benefits for USA employees currently include:
- Annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
- 401K employer matching.
- 80% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and family.
- 100% company-paid Life insurance, Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- 10 holidays per year.
- Flexible time off plus 96 hours of sick time.
- Reimbursement for home office equipment, phone, and internet expenses.
- Ongoing exploration of additional benefits as the company grows.
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.