Anaergia (TSX: ANRG) is a global leader in offering sustainable solutions for the production of clean energy and the conversion of waste streams to resources. Through a proven portfolio of proprietary technological solutions, Anaergia maximizes the generation of renewable energy, diversion of waste from landfill and reduction of greenhouse gases for customers across the municipal, industrial, commercial and agricultural sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, ON, and through its multiple subsidiaries across North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, Anaergia is trusted at more than 1,600 installations globally.
About the Project:
This position is located at our Rhode Island Bioenergy Facility. The Facility Operator is part of a team that focuses on the Process Control, Equipment Operation, and Troubleshooting for our organic waste processing facility.
- Plant Start up, shut down and manage power outage situation in safe manner.
- Adhere to all plant safety rules, codes and regulations including PPE, using handheld gas monitoring device.
- Operate plant machinery and processed in safe and consistent manner ensuring the daily production targets are meet consistently.
- Keep work area clean of any trip or slip hazards and are always kept clean.
- Coordinate with site management on logistics wrt chemical reception (Caustic, Ferric chloride, Carbon, Sulphuric Acid), load out of ammonium sulphate, spent caustic or any other chemicals,
- Project and plan schedules for digestate bin switch over, residue Bin/compactor switch over.
- Operate and maintain correct process parameters at CHP, dryer, dewatering, biogas treatment, WWTP and biofilter.
- Ensure safe moving of chemical and plant machinery on site.
- Understand and meet daily digestate processing and RNG/Power production targets.
- Collect and deliver samples to on site lab for analytics.
- Should have the ability to operate SCADA in emergency.
- Consistently maintain plant uptime and availability by predicting possible failure and allocating work/Job Orders on time.
- Identify opportunities to constantly improve plant operations to reduce risk, reduce time and optimize performance.
- Identify and mitigate process risks and keep chemical consumption within tolerable range.
- Provide all relevant information to plant operation supervisor for daily log or report preparation.
- Use general plant operation skills wrt Pump, blower, compressor operations.
- Safety Oriented - Target Zero incidents and injuries, bring up any unsafe activities or process to plant operation supervisor.
- Consistently aim to meet all environmental compliance requirements.
- Conduct daily area inspections and audit rounds and fill out check sheets.
- Get training, secure valid license, and operate equipment such as loaders, drills, tractors, trucks, crushers, excavators, forklifts, bulldozers and cranes.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance (as oil top up, tightening of nuts or pump glands etc.) as necessary.
- Ensure that building doors are always closed to avoid any fugitive emissions.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school at minimum. College Diploma in Engineering or Science related Field is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with SCADA/ waste handling and preparation, water processes, anaerobic digestion, bio-gas generation, and handling.
- Wastewater or bio-energy plant experience in particular anaerobic digestion is an asset
- Heavy Industrial plant experience
- Basic maintenance skills
- Promote a safety culture on site.
- Flexible, positive and proactive attitude to work.
- Strong team player.
- Flexibility to work shifts/patterns.
- Good communication skills.
For additional information on Anaergia, please visit www.anaergia.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Anaergia provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Anaergia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.