Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
The Additive Discovery team at Form is a small group of creative R&D scientists and engineers tasked with advancing performance improvements across all electrodes through the identification of new additives and development of model systems to advance the mechanistic understanding of our system.
We are seeking an experimental scientist to join the team at Form Energy. As an R&D Scientist II on the Additive Discovery team, you will dive into hands-on lab work, using electrochemical, analytical, and materials characterization techniques to develop and improve additive incorporation strategies and electrolyte formulations.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research and development, where you will contribute to a sustainable future.
What You'll Do:
- Design and execute experiments to develop and refine additive incorporation strategies and electrolyte formulations
- Characterize cells and individual components using solution-based or materials characterization techniques
- Work with materials engineers, chemical engineers, electrochemists, and a team of technicians to integrate learnings across the technical development team
- Use JMP and Python scripts to quantitatively analyze and visualize data
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field
- 1 - 2 years of experience with a lab-based chemistry research project or product development effort post-bachelors (i.e., full-time industrial position, Masters research)
- Experience with material characterization techniques, such as optical microscopy, XRD, SEM, and ICP-OES
- Experience specifying experiment design, testing hypotheses, and interpreting results
- Willingness to learn or ability to perform and interpret data from analytical techniques (e.g., cyclic voltammetry, UV-Vis, and titrations)
- Ability to collaborate with co-workers to develop new methods and practices
- Works with attention to detail and documentation
- Creative and safety-conscious
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.