Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are seeking a highly skilled professional to develop and drive the sourcing strategy for our mechanical components and subassemblies. You will manage the direct supply chain for our custom mechanical components, to support both early engineering builds and scaled manufacturing, and implement a sourcing strategy that will enable best-in-class pricing and quality for our energy storage technologies.
This role offers the opportunity to join a fast-moving, dynamic environment where you’ll work alongside colleagues applying humanity, excellence, and creativity in all we do.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and own the commercial relationships with our mechanical component suppliers (metal stamping, metal forming, metal joining processes) to support our supply requirements from development through volume manufacturing scale-up
- Act as the primary interface with suppliers on RFIs/RFQs, contract and pricing negotiations, development and production lead times, escalations and resolutions
- Leverage cost models and current market analysis to drive piece price and tooling negotiations; ensure best-in-class pricing for Form’s custom designs; drive cost avoidance and cost reduction initiatives through ad-hoc price negotiations
- Monitor current market conditions and technology roadmaps, and proactively partner with our Design teams to identify/mitigate supply challenges
- Participate in design reviews, change control meetings, and other technical discussions with Engineering partners
- Participate in Design for Manufacturability reviews with Engineering partners and prospective suppliers, and drive decisions from a cost perspective
- Document component cost and work with Finance to track BOM cost in different program phases; support insourcing vs. outsourcing decisions
What You'll Bring:
- At least 5 years of strategic sourcing and/or category management experience in a fast paced, highly fluid environment; supply chain management, or commodity management experience associated to metal forming preferred
- Experience with mechanical engineering concepts related to plastics and metal, and ability to generate bottom-up should costs based on the understanding of manufacturing process
- Technical & commercial understanding of tooling and manufacturing processes for metal forming and plastics injection molding
- Proficient knowledge of technical requirements & design of the product and be able to influence cross functional partners with detailed analysis that supports optimized pricing and product sourcing decisions
- Ability to work both independently as well as to collaborate cross-functionally on multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approx. 30% of the time
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
The salary range for this role is $142,970 - $176,255. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.