About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Senior Accountant, Berkeley CA
We are looking for a collaborative and process driven individual to join our growing finance team at Pivot Bio.
As a Senior Accountant, you have in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, proficiency in accounting systems, and strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of an efficient monthly/quarterly/annual close and financial reporting process. You pay great attention to detail and the ability to deliver results under deadlines as well as working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Accounting Manager.
- Record, analyze and interpret financial statements accordance with US GAAP.
- Participate in month-end close, creating and posting journal entries, performing account reconciliations while meeting all required reporting deadlines within designated areas of focus, which will include bank and credit card reconciliation, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accruals, leases, cash application and other.
- Liaise with FP&A and business partners to generate, record, reconcile, and maintain accrual balances and assist with monthly flux analysis.
- Develop, implement, and document new policies and procedures to enhance the workflow of the department and the company.
- Support annual audits, including preparation of audit schedules and responding to auditor questions and requests.
- Assist with sales tax filings and 1099-MISC year-end filing and reporting.
- Participate in other special projects and analyses as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance
- 4+ years of progressive experience in financial auditing, accounting, finance operations, or related experience (public accounting experience or CPA a plus)
- Advanced Excel skills
- QuickBooks, NetSuite and Expensify experience is highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated track record for building collaborative relationships across all levels of the organization.
Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team