Our core belief is that better data and analytics in battery manufacturing can catalyze the EV transition by significantly improving ...View Company Profile
About Liminal Insights
Liminal’s mission is to accelerate the clean energy transition by improving the cost, quality, and reliability of battery manufacturing. We do this by providing customers with better analytics and insights during production. Our breakthrough EchoStat® platform uses ultrasound and machine learning technology to supply customers with the information needed to accelerate production ramp-up, improve productivity and reliability, and detect critical defects early. Liminal has active product evaluations with major cell manufacturers and EV OEMs, and is on track to close multiple $M deployment contracts for commercial cell production in 2023.
Our Culture and Values
- We are dedicated to building a world-class, world-positive company.
- We work closely on a foundation of mutual trust and informed decisions.
- Our core values are trust, empathy, and curiosity.
- We encourage personal growth, continuous learning, and safety.
- We believe the most innovative teams are inclusive and celebrate all forms of diversity.
About the role
We are experiencing significant growth in customer engagement and product deployments, and we are looking for a Head of Solutions to join the Commercial team to support that growth.
This new role will lead, manage, and scale up our Solutions Engineering team. This team is responsible for pre-sales solution and proposal development all the way through completion of post-sales programs and deployments, including factory acceptance testing (FAT), commissioning, validation and site acceptance testing (SAT) by our customers.
This role will report to the VP of Business Development.
Main Responsibilities Will Include
- Lead, manage, and grow the Solutions Team within the Commercial organization
- Drive resource planning and personnel scheduling for the team
- Provide feedback to the commercial and engineering teams on key issues and feedback reported by customers and other stakeholders (integrators, automation providers, etc.).
- Collaborate with internal teams and with customers and partners to drive best practices and training for FAT, deployments/commissioning and SAT
- Work with the Solutions Team and Customer Program Management to develop processes to manage customer supplied materials, implement issue ticketing and to manage and deliver customer/program specific scopes of work, proposals and so forth
- Develop strong product expertise team-wide, across software, data, and hardware components of our solutions
- Train and enable the solutions team to be product experts, address key customer / stakeholder requirements and issues across our own products and adjacent components of the ecosystem
- Develop and track KPIs for solutions and deployment effectiveness
- Engage with non-customer stakeholders (including integrators, factory automation suppliers, MES providers) to ensure seamless integration of Liminal solutions at customer sites.
*Even if you don’t have 100% of the requirements, we do encourage you to apply!
- A strong desire to enable and accelerate the global transition to clean energy
- 10+ years of industry experience, ideally in both product development and customer facing roles
- 3+ years of people management experience in a related role
- Experience introducing and supporting new products into manufacturing and/or industrial markets
- Ability to work and communicate with business and technical teams at various levels
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Willing & able to travel to customer sites and/or events periodically (~25%) both domestically and internationally
- Ability to work collaboratively, adaptively, and independently with minimal supervision
Nice to Have:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or applied sciences
- Experience with manufacturing inspection, metrology, process control and/or quality control products
- Experience in battery manufacturing
- Fluency in a key foreign language (e.g. German, Korean, Mandarin, Japanese, or French) would be a bonus
- Annual salary of $175,000 to $195,000 plus stock options, based on skill level and experience, to help you and your family build a healthy and secure future.
- Group health benefits that provide support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching.
- Flexible working hours so you can be productive at the times that work best for you.
- Generous time-off policy to allow you to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, and holidays.
- For new parents, 8 weeks of fully-paid parental leave that you can take at any point during the first year.
Liminal is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate all forms of diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. However you identify or whatever your path here, please apply if this job excites you. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.