ev.energy is a technology company on a mission to decarbonize mobility. Recently named “World’s Best Energy Start-up,” we are a ...View Company Profile
We set up in 2018 to make EV charging simpler, greener and cheaper for drivers, to encourage EV adoption and reduce carbon emissions. Core to our platform is a proprietary smart-charging algorithm, dynamically aligning charging with intermittent low-carbon electricity, reducing carbon emissions from grid electricity by as much as 70%.
We’ve so far secured over 13m USD in funding and achieved the title of ‘Best Energy Startup in the World’ when we won the Free Electrons programme. We’ve brought together a high performing team bringing expertise from their previous roles at National Grid, Bulb, BCG, Meta, Amazon, BBOX and more, and pride ourselves on the inclusive and collaborative culture we’ve created.
We’re looking for more talented and passionate folk to join our mission to make EV charging greener, as we push to have over a million drivers using our product globally.
What will you do?
- Own the Energy Management product roadmap, defining and evolving the product strategy and being accountable for product outcomes
- Hire, mentor and manage a team of PMs, collaborating with designers and engineers
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities for swift product execution
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements, so we can release product updates to delight our drivers
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products, reporting to senior stakeholders
- Understand our strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Manage multiple products and priorities, and establish clear and measurable goals across the teams working on them
- Work alongside the Technical Leads and Engineering Manager in prioritisation of work, removing blockers to drive efficiency and delivery capability
- Contributing to best practices around product management
What are we looking for?
How will we support you?
- Extensive experience within product management, developing, launching and shipping well-loved products from the ground up, ideally within the energy flexibility space
- Experience of leadership, able to establish trust and mentor less experienced colleagues to help them grow in their careers
- Excellent ability to build relationships with engineers, peers and stakeholders across the business; you’ll be able to communicate clearly and succinctly
- The ability to empathise with our customers and put them at the forefront of what we do
- You understand the trade-offs between quality and delivering fast and can be pragmatic, with the ability to encourage pragmatism within the team
- An understanding of software development best practices
- Demonstrated commercial and business awareness - you’ll be able to articulate the purpose of your team’s work in the eyes of the customer and the wider business
- Interest or experience in the EV or green energy sector
- Experience with complex B2B or B2B2C products
- Remote working, investing in your home office setup or a co-working location convenient for you
- Access to conferences, meet-ups and training
- A top of the range Macbook and all you need to do your best work
- A structured career progression framework and advancement opportunities
- Health insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Generous equity, with options to earn more shares as you progress
- Quarterly team meet-ups, to collaborate and have fun in person!
If you don’t have all of the requirements, but you’re really interested in what we’re doing, please apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants regardless of their background or years of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for someone based in North America for this position.