Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for a Facilities Maintenance Associate to support our manufacturing and office operations. Reporting to the PA Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for making sure our Eighty Four, PA facility runs smoothly and supports our technical operations. The ideal candidate will be able to independently execute day-to-day operations and maintenance activities as well as be willing to roll up their sleeves to quickly tackle facility service and repair issues. You will work closely with all members of the Form Energy team to provide a great and safe place to work. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of of a fast-moving technology start-up with breakthrough technology and an incredible mission.
We are currently hiring for 2nd shift (3pm-11:30pm) Monday - Friday.
This opportunity is based out of the Greater Pittsburgh Area at Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA facility.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and track equipment preventative maintenance schedules using a cloud-based organizational tool
- Perform equipment troubleshooting, repair and root cause analysis on manufacturing equipment
- Execute basic facilities maintenance and improvement tasks in support of technical development and office users
- Perform safety walkthrough and inspections including eyewashes, fire extinguishers, first aid cabinets, AED, etc.
- Maintain shipping and receiving for the facility
- Lead/participate in space organization events
- Assist with daily office operations including ordering supplies, mail, invoices, etc
- Maintain clean rugs and mats assuring 3rd party vendor appropriately replaces on schedule
- Maintain safe surfaces inside and outside the facility (snow removal, wet floor caution, leak inspections, etc)
- Interface with vendors, provide escorts, maintain a secure environment
- Plan and execute the maintenance of facility installations such as installing water distribution, adding airlines, maintaining loading docks, compressors, furnace, water coolers, safety equipment and manufacturing equipment, as needed
- Perform simple maintenance of facilities equipment such as ladders, palettes, doors, locks, drains, lighting, etc
- Assemble and install facility furniture/equipment as requested
- Occasionally relocate items throughout the building including moving furniture, palettes and appliances
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years experience in facilities maintenance within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to learn cloud-based organizational tools
- Experience using hand tools and assembling equipment, securing wall mounted equipment and assembling furniture
- Familiarity with facility electrical distribution systems.
- Ability to shift gears quickly and come back to original task as needed or assist in areas outside of experience
- Organized and detail-oriented individual
- Strong communication skills within a group of peers and broader organization
- Ability to safely operate a fork truck and lift 50 lbs
- Trades skills are a plus
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.