Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for an experienced field technician to support the engineering development of Form Energy’s groundbreaking battery system. This role is embedded within the Systems product development organization and will work closely with engineers to install, commission, test, and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems within our fielded prototypes. An ideal candidate will have an aptitude for solving real world problems with a strong foundation of technical skills. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of a new product at the cutting edge of clean technology.
What You'll Do:
- Support installation and commissioning activities for the battery system at Form’s fielded prototypes (within California)
- Support control system configuration, testing, and updating
- Perform wiring and assembly of industrial control, power system, and data acquisition circuitry
- Perform troubleshooting on electrical equipment to determine root cause and implement mitigations
- Execute test plans to characterize performance and functionality of battery systems under the direction of engineers
- Document observations, metrics, and results throughout testing activities
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years experience as a technician or in a hands-on technical role working high power equipment in a field environment; experience with battery or solar systems is a plus
- Comfortable working with generators, DAQs, multimeters, and electronic loads; exposure to test and data acquisition automation is a plus
- Comfortable working in a machine shop
- Conscientiousness of electrical safety; trained in high-voltage risk assessment and safety
- Ability to read electrical schematics and single-line diagrams
- Experience working with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ability to contribute to updates and creation of new SOPs
- Proficiency with software productivity tools such as Slack, Confluence, and Google Workspace
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills
- Ability to spend up to 75% of your time at our pilot project site in the Sacramento, CA area
The salary range for this role is $83,385 - $100,090. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.