Role & Responsibilities
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for keeping a pulse on all the inner workings of the company by understanding how all roles at Earth Angel function and interact and facilitating efficient and organized work methods across the company.
- Attend all high level internal meetings, stay informed of business strategy and support team with problem solving
- Ensure all insurance policies are renewed and/or are updated accordingly
- Ensure business registration is up to date and in compliance with all relevant local authorities
- Keep operations manuals, databases and standard EA documents up to date
- Assist with office or vehicle related administrative duties (i.e. renewing leases or insurance policies)
- Work with CEO on legal aspects of the business and to improve operations of the company
- Act as direct supervisor to the Office/Media Assistant and outsourced Finance representative
- Manage all company bookkeeping systems in Quickbooks Online including invoicing, and follow up on late payments as necessary.
- Ensure receipts and financial documents are organized and CPA has necessary documents.
- Ensure all timesheets/contractor invoices are collected for timely payroll.
- Maintain AP schedule and complete approved payments.
- Support with budgeting, forecasting and scenario planning using EA templates.
- Support with development of EA pricing model
- Monitor any changes to labor law compliance and update EA HR documents and standards accordingly
- Maintain all HR templates and systems such as hiring and interviewing, onboarding and offboarding
- Manage Earth Angel’s intern program
- Planning and organizing company culture team building events and activities
- Oversee, help organize and maintain SOPs for Asana (Earth Angel’s project management platform), Team Drives (Earth Angel’s document management platform) and Coda (Earth Angel’s knowledge management platform)
- Oversee company information management and data, including exporting relevant client data into respective EA databases to ensure up to date aggregate data for EA systems
- Identify and solve inefficiencies within Earth Angel’s systems and processes
- Troubleshoot and update tools and technology used by Earth Angel as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Business, Communications, Film/Television, or Sustainability)
- Experience with office management, project management, and/or business operations
- Highly motivated and comfortable working in a start-up culture
- Spreadsheet (Excel/Google Sheets) and database proficiency
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Experience with Google Suite, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Gmail, and Google Calendars.
- Passion for environmental sustainability and zero waste efforts
- Film/television physical production experience
- Graphic design experience, familiarity with Canva/InDesign
- Familiarity with Airtable
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Online
- Ability to switch gears quickly, follow instructions, and work on a variety of different projects
- Willingness and desire to grow within the company
- Attention to detail
- Ability and desire to work independently
- Full-time hourly, exempt. 40 hours per week.
- Starting rate of $18-$20/hour
- Your personal laptop and cell phone will be used in this role.
- This is a remote work position. Occasionally, work will be conducted from Earth Angel’s office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
Atmosphere, Climate Risk, Food & Agriculture, Pollution & Waste Reduction