Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action, empowering companies of any size to help rebalance the planet while advancing their business initiatives. We provide pathways to do so through the purchase of vetted carbon credits, via one-time direct purchases, recurring multi-year offtake agreements, or an API that can connect any product experience to climate action.
Only Patch democratizes access to the broadest selection of carbon credits across a wide range of technology types, methodologies, and price points. By combining enterprise-grade technology with impartial project scrutiny and transparency across each stage of the credit purchase, brands as wide-ranging as Bain & Company, Route, and Afterpay trust Patch to help them take meaningful climate action while engaging their customers. In turn, project developers driving positive climate action are able to rapidly scale their solutions at the critical pace the planet requires.
We're an experienced team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business working on one of the most important missions the world needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Energize, and more. We are founded by the same team who helped take hospitality tech company, Sonder, from 0 to $2 billion.
As the first accounting hire at Patch, you will have the opportunity to architect and implement the accounting function. Working side-by-side with Patch’s Head of Finance, the remit will be broad. You will be building tooling, processes, and systems that empower the team with clear, critical financial information.
What You’ll Do:
- You'll lead our accounting efforts as the first dedicated accounting hire alongside our Head of Finance
- You'll prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports
- You'll implement dual-entry accounting system and manage our accounting software (i.e. Quickbooks)
- You'll prepare journal entries, reconciliations, adjustments and maintain appropriate supporting documentation
- You'll manage daily accounting operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- You'll collaborate in the development of financial policies, procedures, and internal controls
Who You Are:
- You have a bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance and are a current certified public accountant (CPA)
- You have multiple years of accounting work experience at a fast paced company, with part of that experience at a Big 4 accounting firm
- You are proficient in accounting software, including either Quickbooks or NetSuite
- You have demonstrated initiative and ability to work with limited daily direction from management
- You are a flexible operator who likes the challenge of rolling your sleeves up and wearing multiple hats
- You are currently based out and able to work in the United States or Canada
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The base salary for this role if filled within the United States is $100,000-$140,000. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance. Actual specific compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, location, and some role-dependent factors.
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.